g2 Map Update Card
For preloaded units with BlueChart g2 U.S. coastal maps
This update will provide customers with the newest charting additions and Notice to Mariners changes available, including navaids, port plans, depth contours, fishing contours, spot soundings and more.
The update card will also contain a software update for Garmin devices.
The software update must be performed on the device before the update map will work. Also please note that the card must remain in the device to view updated maps. The card does not overwrite the unit’s internal maps.
• Provides basic chart navigation with 2-D or 3-D over the bow view map perspective
• Includes tides, currents, marine points of interest (POIs) and IALA symbols
• Displays port plans, fishing contours and standardized depth contours
• Oregon 400C
• echoMAP 43dv, 44dv, 50dv, 50s, 53dv, 54dv, 70dv, 70s, 73dv, 73sv, 74dv, 74sv, 93sv, 94sv
• GPSMAP 78sc
• GPSMAP 440, 441
• GPSMAP 540, 541, 545, 546
• GPSMAP 640
• GPSMAP 720/720s, 740/740s
• GPSMAP 4208, 4210, 4212
• GPSMAP 5208, 5212, 5215
• GPSMAP 6208, 6212, 7212, 7215
• GPSMAP 7607, 7607xsv, 7608, 7608xsv, 7610, 7610xsv, 7612, 7612xsv, 7616, 7616xsv
• GPSMAP 8208 MFD, 8212 MFD, 8215 MFD
• Montana 600 Marine Bundle
Instructions for using the Map Update Card
1. Press power key to turn on unit.
2. After the Home screen appears, insert the card into the unit. The Data Card screen appears.
3. If software does not support reading the built-in map update from the card, the following message will be displayed “Map Format Is Not Supported.”
4. Acknowledge this message.
5. Update the unit’s software by selecting “Update Software.” Do not turn off the unit during the update process.
6. The update process takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
7. The unit will now recognize the new map format.