A FlexControl™ is the ultimate VFO and radio control accessory for all FlexRadio Systems’ software defined radios. Developed by serious contesters, but applicable for all type of operators, the ergonomically designed FlexControl provides the ability to tune multiple VFOs, RIT and XIT with a simple turn and/or press of the weighted, smooth action tuning knob.
In addition to the multi-function tuning knob, there are three, multi-state programmable push buttons that you can assign a multitude of radio control actions, such as changing the tune step, RX filters or CW speed, just to name a few.
Unlike other tuning knobs, the FlexControl is not another “mouse” like device and will continue to control PowerSDR, SmartSDR or your SDR even if the active Windows program is neither PowerSDR nor SmartSDR. This is known as the “focus issue” and the FlexControl solves it; allowing you to have your logging program or any other program active while interactively operating the radio with the FlexControl.
FlexControl Feature Highlights
- Maintains radio control when the SDR software does not have focus
- Weighted multi-function tuning knob
- Three assignable "macro" buttons with LED indicators
- Ergonomic design
- Designed to work with SmartSDR for Windows and PowerSDR 2.x
- Works with DDUtil software
- USB v2 interface
- Height: 1.5" (3.8 cm)
- Width: 3" (7.6 cm)
- Depth: 4" (10.2 cm)
- Weight: Approximately 1 lbs. (0.45 kgs)
- Cord Length: Approximately 6' (1.8m)