GARMIN MapSource TOPO CANADA v4 DVD-ROM
Discontinued. Available on pre-loaded microSD card >>
Garmin TOPO Canada covers the finer details of the outdoors, including terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, routable roads and trails, rivers, lakes and geographical points. TOPO maps are ideal for hiking, hunting, camping, cycling and communing with nature.
TOPO Canada is designed for interactive viewing of detailed topographic maps and land elevation contours
throughout Canada. It provides built-in DEM (digital elevation model) data that supports 3-D terrain shading and
route elevation profiles to help you estimate terrain difficulty. Plus, it contains descriptive details for features
typically found on topographic maps, such as terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers,
lakes and geographical points.
You will have coverage of major trails, urban and rural roads, and highways, as well as national, regional and local
parks, forests and wilderness areas. With routable roads and trails, getting to your destination is made simple by
creating point-to-point routes on your computer and on compatible units. In addition, you can search for points of
interest by name or proximity to your location. Just download the DVD or simply plug a preprogrammed data card
into your compatible unit to get all the area detail you need to find adventure in the great outdoors.
BaseCamp, included only on the Garmin TOPO Canada DVD, allows you to browse topo maps, tracklogs, waypoints and plan trips for your handheld Garmin GPS device on your computer (PC and Mac compatible). This new application includes 2-D and 3-D map views, rotated map orientation, elevation
profiles and animated playback of routes and tracks. It allows you to organize trip data into folders and transfer trip
data to and from compatible devices. The software also supports geotagging photos, enhanced printing, higher
resolution images and more.
Street level detail is included for many towns
and cities and address routing is provided. NOTE
for 'x' series users: TOPO
Canada regions are also available on pre-programmed
microSD cards for use with compatible units.
- Digital topographic maps for Canada.
- Provides detailed maps based on digital 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 scale DMTI data.
- Terrain contour and elevation information, along with summits, peaks and geographic points.
- Allows you to search by city, point, river or lake.
- Contains many routable roads, trails, interstates and highways.
- Includes points of interest such as parks, campgrounds, scenic lookouts, picnic sites and more.
- Coastlines, shorelines, wetlands, perennial and seasonal streams.
- National, state, local parks, forests and wilderness areas.
- Includes BaseCamp™ software which allows you to view and manage waypoints, routes and tracks between your computer and your Garmin device