Silva Ranger CLQ Compass
Discontinued. No longer available.
Pinnacle of Precision
(with quadrant graduations)
Same great features as the Ranger® CL but utilizing quadrant graduations: N(0°), E(90°), S(0°), W(90°). The Silva Ranger® CLQ delivers superior accuracy, even in the most demanding conditions. The large mirror enhances accuracy when sighting on distant landmarks. Three scales provide quick, easy plotting with any topographic map. Romer scales can be used to create grid references for use with ordinance maps. Silicone feet provide positive grip on a map. The geared declination allows you to set and forget the declination for the area you are in, ensuring constant compensation for this variable when taking bearings. The declination scale sets easily from the bottom of the compass. A clinometer lets you measure angles of inclination.
New for 2012:
- Return of the classic bezel, lid & mirror
- More bezel knurling for secure rotation & grip
- 1-piece mirror with etched sighting line provides a precise readout of the bearing when sighting
- The new luminous paint is 4x more intense than watch grade and won't degrade over time
- Quadrant dial N(0°); E(90°); S(0°); W(90°)
- 2° graduations
- Sighting mirror
- 1/20 inch and millimeter rules
- 1:24,000 map scale
- 1:25,000 & 1:50,000 romer scales
- Map magnifier
- Luminous points for night use
- Geared declination adjustment
- Silicone feet
- Lanyard with adjustable slider and screwdrive
- Size: 4" x 2.5"
- Weight: 2.4 oz.
Also available with degree graduations: Ranger CL
Compare ALL Silva compasses here >>