Dual XGPS150A Universal Bluetooth Receiver
A 12-30VDC adapter is included, making it perfect to connect to vehicles, boats and aircrafts.
PLEASE NOTE: This device will not work with iOS 8.3.
If you already own the device, do not update to iOS 8.3 if possible.
Apple is working on a internal fix for either iOS 8.3.1 or 8.4.
From Dual Support: I just updated to iOS 8.3 and my XGPS device stopped working. Why?
There is a bug in iOS 8.3 which blocks position information coming from Bluetooth GPS devices. The symptom is that your GPS looks like it is working, but your apps do not show your location. (Not all apps are affected, but most are.) The problem affects the XGPS150, XGPS160 and XGPS170 as well as Bluetooth GPS devices from other manufacturers. We have contacted Apple it, and they are aware of the issue. We do not have an ETA from them for a fix, but they are treating it as a priority. In the meantime, some (but not all) users are getting around the bug by turning off Location Services, rebooting the iOS device, and turning Location Services back on.
NOTE for WingX users: you can get around the bug by going to Settings->Privacy->Location Services and selecting “Never” next to WingX Pro7
Add GPS wirelessly to your:
iPod Touch, iPad (all versions), iPhone (all versions) and Android devices
The Dual XGPS150A is a global and universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver, which not only works with a wide variety of today's most popular electronics, but also comes with the necessary accessories to be used for a variety of lifestyle activities.
The included non-slip pad is very useful for GPS navigation in a car or a boat. The two-piece strap which works as an armband and to secure the receiver to a backpack strap, for example, is great for outdoor activities such as golfing, geocaching, cycling, hiking and more. The XGPS150A is not waterproof, but it will withstand light splashes when it is seated properly in the non-slip pad.
The XGPS150A measures about 2.25" square, which makes it very easy to take it with you wherever you go. Set up is a breeze. Like with any other Bluetooth electronics, you will first have to pair the GPS Receiver with the device you intend to use it with. This will take less than a minute and then you can begin using your device with apps that require GPS.
The XGPS150A also comes with a useful GPS Status Tool app. (Available Free on the iTunes store). The app is a simple utility application for use with the device. The app shows detailed information from the receiver including:
- Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
- How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
- The battery level of the XGPS150, and whether or not it is charging
- Confirmation the XGPS150 is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver works with most apps that require GPS
- Wirelessly connects to devices via Bluetooth
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 8.5 hours
- USB charging via the included USB cable
- Includes a non-slip dashboard pad
- Includes an adjustable strap to attach to an arm or a backpack
- Includes 12-30V car charger
- 65-channel SkyTraq GPS chipset
- WAAS/EGNOS compatible
- Accuracy: +/-2.5m (CEP)
- Fast location acquisition times: under 30 secs (warm or cold start)
- Position updates: at least once per second
- Maximum speed: 1000 kts / 1150 mph
- Maximum altitude: 18,000 m / 59,000 ft
- Bluetooth range: 33 ft / 10m
- Full charge lasts for at least 8.5 hours of continuous use
- Recharges in 2.5 hours
- Input Voltage: 5VDC
- Power Adapter Input Voltage: 12-24VDC
- Supports both NMEA and Apple protocols
- Firmware updateable through USB port
- Small and light:
- 2.25” (57 mm) square, 0.75” (19 mm) deep
- 1.8 ounces / 51 grams
- Operating temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F (-10˚C - 60˚C)
In the Box:
• USB cable
• Adjustable strap to attach to an arm or a backpack
• Non-slip dashboard pad
• 12-30V car charger
On non-skid dashmount
On arm with strap