Discontinued. Replaced by GPS 152H>>
large screen, easy to read display and simple keypad layout of the GPS 152 make
it a great choice for quad or snowmobile as well as boat.
GPS 152 is a 12 parallel channel GPS receiver loaded with a database of U.S. and
Canadian cities and nautical navigation aids such as lights, buoys, sound signals,
day beacons and tide data.
memory of 1MB makes the GPS 152 compatible with GARMIN's MapSource
Points of Interest CD. With this CD and the GPS 152, you add additional marine
navaid detail to your unit. (Other point of interest features from the POI CD-ROM
will not be available for use with the GPS 152.) The built-in memory of the GPS
152 is preloaded with the Americas
Marine Point Database.
The 152 acquires satellites quickly with its 12-parallel channel receiver. It can also receive position corrections from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), which makes its already-accurate positioning data even more reliable. In fact, when you turn on WAAS, you can increase the accuracy of the 152's position reporting to within three meters.
for full-featured navigation, the GPS 152 provides large number displays
and graphic navigation screens, all easily accessible through Garmin's user-friendly
the outside, the GPS 152 comes housed in a waterproof case that's
about four inches high and five inches wide. A large four-inch
diagonal, high-contrast display features 100x160 pixels for
the ultimate in readability. A simple keypad at the bottom of
the unit makes entering information easy, without blocking your
view of the display.
Features and Specifications
• High-contrast, four-level gray, FSTN display with adjustable
• 12-channel parallel receiver tracks: uses up to 12 satellites
for fast, accurate positioning
• WAAS capable — receive signals from an additional
set of WAAS satellites to give mariners better accuracy
• TracBack® feature allows mariners to quickly retrace
their tracks to a starting position
• Stores up to 500 waypoints, 20 routes and 2,048 track
• Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off course and
• Fully gasketed, high-impact plastic alloy case, waterproof
to IPX-7 standards
• Unit dimensions: 5.0" x 4.9" x 2.5" (13.4
x 12.5 x 6.1 cm)