is designed for the outdoor enthusiast: campers, hikers,
bikers, snowmobilers, boaters, hunters, fishermen and anyone
who plays or works in the outdoors beyond cellular coverage.
GPS satellite system to determine a user's location, and the
SPOT satellite network transmits the user's location and status.
SPOT satellite network is a commercial satellite network with
a proven 99.4% reliability rate. It processes over 6 million
messages a month, the equivalent of 2.3 messages per second.
SPOT is used by individuals who are outdoors and in business
where lone work occurs - aviation, construction, fishing, forestry,
government, leisure, oil & gas, utilities.
4 Simple Communication Functions - Just Might Save Your Life
Ask for help. In the event of a non-life threatening
emergency, you can use this function to notify your SPOT
team – the
friends and family you have chosen as your contacts – that
you need assistance. SPOT sends one message
every 5 minutes for one hour or until Help is cancelled
Track Progress. Also known as SPOTcastingSM, this
feature allows friends and family to follow your progress
in real time using your password, or to save waypoints so
you can review your entire route at a later date. SPOT
sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until
SPOT is powered off.
Check In. Also known as SPOTcheckingSM, this feature
allows you to let your SPOTteam – the friends and family
you have chosen as your contacts – know that all
is well, notify them of your location, or save waypoints
so you can review your route at a later date on Google Maps™. SPOT
sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy.
The first of those three messages is delivered.
4) Alert 911. Use this function in the event
of a life threatening or other critical emergency to notify emergency
services of your exact location and that you need assistance.
SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted
or 911 is cancelled.
The SPOT Satellite Messenger
GPS-enabled communications device that provides a simple way to address
work alone and check-in requirements, and help improve overall worker safety
and provide peace of mind. With SPOT, employers can help minimize the risks
for individuals working alone and enable more accurate and consistent
check-in and reporting procedures. Given the low cost, SPOT can be deployed to
multiple workers to improve reporting procedures and their overall safety.
Lightweight, rugged and reliable, the SPOT Satellite Messenger is the ideal choice
to help improve the safety of workers in remote locations at an affordable cost.
1. GPS satellites provide coordinates.
2. SPOT's onboard GPS chip determines your exact coordinates and sends your location and message to SPOT satellite system.
3. SPOT commercial satellites relay your message to specific antennas around the world.
4. Antennas and supporting equipment route your message to the approriate network.
5. Your message is delivered to the recipient via text message, email or emergency service notification.
Small and Light
Size: 4.38 X 2.75 X 1.5” (111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm)
Approximate Weight: 7.37 ounces (209 grams)
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and Northeastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. Coverage details.
Includes 2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries; under normal usage a full battery charge should meet or exceed the following:
• Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
• SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
• 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
• SPOTcheck OK/√: 1900 messages
SPOT works around the world virtually anywhere
• Operating Temperatures: -40°F to +185°F (-40ºC to +85ºC)
• Operating Altitude: -300 ft to +21,000 ft (-91 m to +6,492 m)
• Weight: 7.37 ounces (209 grams)
• Dimensions: 4.38 x 2.75 x 1.75 inches (approx. 111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm)
• Floats in water
• Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
• Humidity Rated: MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing
• Salt Fog Rated: Per MIL-STD-810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
• Vibration: (a) Per SAE J1455, (b) Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz, one hour per axis
Dropped twice on all six sides from one meter onto hard surface.
• ROHS and WEEE compliant
• Certified to FCC and CE emissions, immunity and safety regulations.
• Meets FCC part 25 regulations, Canada type approval, CISPR Publication 22 (1985 1st Edition), RTTE Directive (1999/EC), IEC 60950 safety standard, and European EMC Directive 89/336/EEC.
SPOT + Carrying Case Bundle
This product cannot be returned to GPS Central. Instead please
call Spot Customer Service at (866) OK1-SPOT or (866) 651-7768
or log onto www.findmespot.com
In the Box:
• SPOT satellite mesenger
• 2 AA Energizer batteries
• User's Guide
“Whether you are hunting, camping, fishing, boating, or mountain climbing. SPOT is a must for any outdoor activity. I can now send updates on my whereabouts while traveling for work, let my family know I’m OK while deep-sea fishing..."
Henry Waszczuk, Host of the Nationally Televised Angling Shows Fins & Skins and Fishing the Flats
“No one figured the best use of the SPOT was for retrieving a STOLEN motorcycle in the middle of the Baja 1000!! Seems that after one of our riders was evacuated from a crash in a remote area by helicopter,... Thanks to the SPOTcasting tracking feature, the bike was retrieved! SPOT saved what was left of the day..."
Chuck Wallace, M.D.
501x Team Rider
2007 Baja 1000