Backroad Mapbooks - British Columbia GPS Maps - V9
On microSD card with SD adapter
Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
**Also available on DVD! Please read the info about the DVD below before purchasing**
ISBN #: 978-1-897225-86-8
Dimensions: Micro SD card
Map Scale: 1:20,000 scale TOPO Maps
Regional Cities/Parks: Vancouver Island Region, Vancouver Coast & Mountains Region, Thompson Okanagan Region, Kootenay Rockies Region, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Region & Northern BC Regions.
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed BC GPS maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps of BC on the Canadian market. The maps of choice for recreation, industry and search-and-rescue, these topographic GPS maps boast 3D views, shaded relief and countless activity and geographic points-of-interest for the most reliable navigation. Covering all of BC including Vancouver Island, these up-to-date GPS maps are Garmin-licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, the BC GPS maps bring all the detail of the original Backroad Mapbook to life on your GPS device or computer. Keep your software up-to-date as we bring you the latest in topography, routable roads, Wildlife Management Units, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and more. With your BC GPS maps in hand, you have everything you need to explore beautiful British Columbia.
British Columbia's Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our British Columbia Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
BC Backcountry GPS Map Features
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for 1,800+ fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New addition of private leased lands for hunters and anglers.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 8,000 KM of additional paddling routes. Includes 100+ additional paddling routes and access locations.
- 5,000+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 800+ additional trailheads.
- 4,000+ KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles. Includes 180+ additional trailheads and staging areas.
- Close to 200 additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes 150+ additional boat launches and marinas.
- Close to 200 additional national, provincial and urban parks. Includes 500+ additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites, recreation sites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- Close to 150 additional wildlife viewing areas.
- Close to 75 additional winter recreation activities.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of British Columbia
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for BC
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid locations, PNG Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad BC GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
BC Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 175,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 500,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 36,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 15,000 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 16,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 2,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Close to 18,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Points of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad BC GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within BC we have over 265,000 searchable points including Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Customers can search for Oil and Gas Resource Facility information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full LSD Grid reference for Facilities near Fort St. John (ex: 6-28-85-18-W6), or by entering the full PNG Grid reference for Facilities elsewhere in the province (ex. D-83-I-94-J-10). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
BC Custom POI Highlights
- 265,000 searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid locations, PNG Grid Locations
- 225 BC Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 3,000 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 800 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 4,150 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 350 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 350 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 2,100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Areas with over 1,200 locations and descriptions
- Close to 650 Backcountry campsites
- Close to 1,000 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 1,200 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 600 locations and descriptions
- Over 375 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 3,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 900 Compressor Stations
- Close to 100 Gas Plants
- Over 13,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 60,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Do I need/want the microSD or DVD version?
Do you have a SD/micro SD card slot on your Garmin GPS unit?
If yes, then you can buy the SD/micro SD card version. This version allows you to load the maps directly to your Garmin GPS unit.
If no, then order the DVD version. As long as your Garmin GPS unit supports mapping you can work on a PC and transfer the maps from MapSource or similar program directly to the GPS unit.
Can I use the microSD card on my computer in MapSource or Basecamp?
Yes. But you will have to register your product with Backroad Mapbooks first. Once your product is registered they will provide a free "MapSource Download".
Are you planning on switching the maps between Garmin GPS units?
If yes, then you should buy the SD/micro SD card version. This version allows you to port the maps from one GPS unit to another (as long as it is a Garmin GPS that holds an SD or micro SD card).
Do you want to put the maps on your own SD card?
If yes, then you will need to order the DVD version. This version allows you to load the maps with other maps onto your own SD card. If you have more than one GPS unit, then you will need to buy separate unlock codes since you cannot port your own SD card from unit to unit with the maps on them. The DVD's are now both MAC and Windows compatible!
This product cannot be returned to GPS Central. Instead please call 1-877-520-5670 or contact them at their website www.backroadmapbooks.com. You can read their return policy here.
Click here for list of
compatible Garmin devices
Also available for the following areas:
Alberta & BC
Western Canada - covers AB, BC, SK & MB
Eastern Canada - covers ON, QC, NB, NS, NL & PEI
Atlantic Canada - covers NS, NB, NL & PEI
Northern Canada - covers YK, NT & NU
Select titles now are also available in paperback!
The Kootenay Rockies BC
Cottage Country Ontario