Backroad Mapbooks - New Foundland & Labrador GPS Maps
On microSD card with SD adapter
Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp compatible
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ Newfoundland and Labrador GPS Maps offer complete coverage of the province on Garmin-compatible maps that you can load onto your computer or GPS device. These GPS maps are the most detailed topographic maps available on the market, with relief shading, 3D views, and more map data than even government sources. Your Newfoundland and Labrador GPS maps contain complete recreational information marked and labelled across the map to help you find trails, routable roads, Wildlife Management Area boundaries, campsites, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest, and other recreational highlights from St. John’s to Gros Morne to the backcountry in between. With all the detail of the original Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS, these GPS maps provide the most reliable and comprehensive source for navigating Newfoundland and Labrador. For the best in Atlantic Canada adventure, don’t leave home without your Newfoundland and Labrador GPS Maps.
Newfoundland and Labrador Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our Newfoundland and Labrador Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Newfoundland & Labrador GPS Map Features
- New mountain biking trail networks.
- New Labrador railways.
- 50+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes close to 25 additional trailheads.
- Improved our existing snowmobile trail networks and shelters.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Newfoundland & Labrador
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for NL
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Cariboo Management Areas (CMA) and Moose Management Areas (MMA) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad NL GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Newfoundland & Labrador Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 20,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 18,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 1,900 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 1,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 1,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 1,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 7,300 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Points of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Newfoundland and Labrador we have over 35,000 searchable points. You can use these to help navigate by selecting the Whereto and then Go! option or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Newfoundland & Labrador Custom POI Highlights:
- Over 100 NL Cariboo Management Areas (CMA) and Moose Management Areas (MMA) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 400 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 15 Boat Launch locations
- Over 330 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 50 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 115 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 40 Backcountry campsites
- 150 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 200 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 45 locations and descriptions
- Over 60 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 1,300 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 25,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
This product cannot be returned to GPS Central. Instead please call 1-877-520-5670 or contact them at their website www.backroadmapbooks.com. You can read their return policy here.
BRMB's 60 Day GSP Map Guarantee
All GPS Maps are covered by a 60 day guarantee: Register your card upon purchase, and if there's a newer version available withing 60 days, it can be updated for free
Click here for list of
compatible Garmin devices
Also available for the following areas:
Alberta & BC
Western Canada - covers AB, BC, SK & MB
Eastern Canada - covers ON, QC, NB, NS, NL & PEI
Atlantic Canada - covers NS, NB, NL & PEI
Northern Canada - covers YK, NT & NU
Washington State, U.S.A
Select titles now are also available in paperback!
The Kootenay Rockies BC
Thompson Okanagan BC
Vancouver, Coast & Mountains BC
Vancouver Island BC - Victoria & Gulf Islands
Cariboo Chilcotin Coast BC
Cottage Country Ontario
Fishing Central Ontario
Fishing Eastern Ontario
Waterproof Map - Algonuin Provincial Park, Ontario