Backroad GPS Maps for Saskatchewan - V9
On microSD card with SD adapter
Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
**Also available on DVD! Please read the info about the DVD below before purchasing**
ISBN #: 978-1-926806-29-7
Dimensions: Micro SD card
Map Scale: 1:50,000 TOPO Maps
Regional Cities/Parks: Province of Saskatchewan
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Prairies, Saskatchewan contains some of Canada’s most unique landscapes and opportunities for outdoor adventure. Best known for its rolling prairies and farmland, Saskatchewan ripples with diverse topography from lodgepole pine forests to the majestic rock of the Canadian Shield.
Beyond the city centres of Regina and Saskatoon, small communities dot the landscapes of Saskatchewan, giving over to stunning wilderness in a province dominated by nature. In the north, far past Regina and Saskatoon, a series of lakes and rivers create an aquatic paradise rich with adventures for the Saskatchewan paddler. While touring the provincial and national parks of Saskatchewan, you are bound to fall in love with the peaceful scenery set amidst its ever-distant horizon. Saskatchewan invites you to canoe, cycle, hike, snowmobile or ride to your heart’s content.
Saskatchewan Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our Saskatchewan Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series
Customers can search for Township Quarter Section Grid information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Section (ex: 01-33-24-W3) or Quarter Section (ex: SW-01-33-24-W3).
Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Saskatchewan Backcountry GPS Map Features:
- 1,000,000+ searchable Saskatchewan Township Range Sections and Quarter Section grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 300 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 20,000 KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- Close to 900 KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles.
- 150+ KM of additional multi-use, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 15 additional trailheads.
- 250+ additional public services.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Saskatchewan
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for SK
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad SK GPS Maps package.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. We separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Saskatchewan Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 260,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 60,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 1,700 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Close to 4,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 6,500 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 11,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Points of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Saskatchewan GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Saskatchewan we have close to 1 million searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets.
Saskatchewan Custom POI Highlights:
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Close to 200 Compressor Stations
- Over 30 Gas Plants
- Over 15,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 80 SK Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 650 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 150 Boat Launch locations
- 365 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 30 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 180 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Sites with 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 75 Backcountry campsites
- Over 170 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 950 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 60 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 2,350 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 9,000 searchable land and water geographic features
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities (found under city search)
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Do I need/want the microSD or DVD version?
Do you have a SD/micro SD card slot on your Garmin GPS unit?
If yes, then you can buy the SD/micro SD card version. This version allows you to load the maps directly to your Garmin GPS unit.
If no, then order the DVD version. As long as your Garmin GPS unit supports mapping you can work on a PC and transfer the maps from MapSource or similar program directly to the GPS unit.
Can I use the microSD card on my computer in MapSource or Basecamp?
Yes. But you will have to register your product with Backroad Mapbooks first. Once your product is registered they will provide a free "MapSource Download".
Are you planning on switching the maps between Garmin GPS units?
If yes, then you should buy the SD/micro SD card version. This version allows you to port the maps from one GPS unit to another (as long as it is a Garmin GPS that holds an SD or micro SD card).
Do you want to put the maps on your own SD card?
If yes, then you will need to order the DVD version. This version allows you to load the maps with other maps onto your own SD card. If you have more than one GPS unit, then you will need to buy separate unlock codes since you cannot port your own SD card from unit to unit with the maps on them. The DVD's are now both MAC and Windows compatible!
This product cannot be returned to GPS Central. Instead please call 1-877-520-5670 or contact them at their website www.backroadmapbooks.com. You can read their return policy here.
Also available for the following areas:
Alberta & BC
Western Canada - covers AB, BC, SK & MB
Eastern Canada - covers ON, QC, NB, NS, NL & PEI
Atlantic Canada - covers NS, NB, NL & PEI
Northern Canada - covers YK, NT & NU
Select titles now are also available in paperback!
The Kootenay Rockies BC
Cottage Country Ontario