Backroad GPS Maps for Western Canada - V9
Includes BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
On microSD card with SD adapter
Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
**Also available on DVD! Please read the info about the DVD below before purchasing**
ISBN #: 978-1-926806-74-7
Dimensions: Micro SD card
Map Scale: 1:20,000 - 1:50,000
Regional Cities/Parks: Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Western Canada GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Western Canada GPS Maps bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Wildlife Management Units, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Western Canada GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Western Canada Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our Western Canada Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Western Canada Backcountry GPS Map Features
- 8,000,000+ searchable Legal Subdivision Sections, Quarter Sections and full LSD grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- Close to 86,000+ KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for 2,250+ fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New addition of private leased lands for hunters and anglers.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 8,000 KM of additional paddling routes. Includes close to 150+ additional paddling routes and access locations.
- Close to 9,000 KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 1,000+ additional trailheads.
- Over 7,000+ KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles. Includes 225 additional trailheads and staging areas.
- Over 200+ additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes 175+ additional boat launches and marinas.
- Over 200+ additional national, provincial and urban parks. Includes over 675 additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites, recreation sites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- Close to 175 additional wildlife viewing areas.
- 100+ additional winter recreation activities.
- Close to 6,500 additional public services.
- 10,000+ new wellsite locations.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for Western Canada
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable (WMUs/WMZs/GHAs) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Western Canada GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Western Canada Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 830,000 kilometres of Routable Roads connecting MB to BC including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 620,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 50,000 kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including 45,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails and 5,385 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- Over 22,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 40,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 45,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Points of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Western Canada GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Western Canada we have over 5.5 million searchable points including Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Oil and Gas Resource Facilities can be searched by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full Grid reference for Facilities. For Alberta facilities enter the full LSD Grid Reference (ex: 6-14-36-20-W4). For BC facilities enter the PNG Grid Reference (ex: D-83-I-94-J-10). For Saskatchewan or Manitoba facilities enter the Township Quarter Section Grid Reference (ex: NE-07-124-23-3, SE-27-24-15-W). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Western Canada Custom POI Highlights
- 8 million searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations and Township Quarter Section Grid Locations
- Over 6,400 Compressor Stations
- Over 800 Gas Plants
- Over 59,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 43,000 Wellsites
- Close to 425 Wildlife Management Units in BC and AB, over 80 Wildlife Management Zones in SK and over 60 Game Hunting Areas in MB for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 5,350 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 1,150 Boat Launch locations
- Over 5,000 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 500 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with close to 700 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 4,000 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Areas with over 1,500 locations and descriptions
- Close to 1,200 Backcountry campsites
- Close to 1,600 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 4,300 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 900 locations and descriptions
- Over 700 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 9,600 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 100,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Western Canada Categories:
- Access Locations
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations and Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Centres
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Do I need/want the microSD or DVD version?
Do you have a SD/micro SD card slot on your Garmin GPS unit?
If yes, then you can buy the SD/micro SD card version. This version allows you to load the maps directly to your Garmin GPS unit.
If no, then order the DVD version. As long as your Garmin GPS unit supports mapping you can work on a PC and transfer the maps from MapSource or similar program directly to the GPS unit.
Can I use the microSD card on my computer in MapSource or Basecamp?
Yes. But you will have to register your product with Backroad Mapbooks first. Once your product is registered they will provide a free "MapSource Download".
Are you planning on switching the maps between Garmin GPS units?
If yes, then you should buy the SD/micro SD card version. This version allows you to port the maps from one GPS unit to another (as long as it is a Garmin GPS that holds an SD or micro SD card).
Do you want to put the maps on your own SD card?
If yes, then you will need to order the DVD version. This version allows you to load the maps with other maps onto your own SD card. If you have more than one GPS unit, then you will need to buy separate unlock codes since you cannot port your own SD card from unit to unit with the maps on them. The DVD's are now both MAC and Windows compatible!
This product cannot be returned to GPS Central. Instead please call 1-877-520-5670 or contact them at their website www.backroadmapbooks.com. You can read their return policy here.
Click here for list of
compatible Garmin devices
Also available for the following areas:
Alberta & BC
Western Canada - covers AB, BC, SK & MB
Eastern Canada - covers ON, QC, NB, NS, NL & PEI
Atlantic Canada - covers NS, NB, NL & PEI
Northern Canada - covers YK, NT & NU
Select titles now are also available in paperback!
The Kootenay Rockies BC
Cottage Country Ontario