Whether you're exploring new coastline or cruising your favorite
bay, BlueChart Atlantic contains the most detailed marine cartography
around. These electronic nautical maps give you peace of mind
when navigating offshore.
BlueChart Atlantic CD-ROM includes coverage for several
offshore regions — select one of these regions to
view with an included unlock certificate.
See the product compatibility
table for a list of products that Garmin
recommends with this software.
Atlantic features include:
- New! Now
includes coverage for Lake Helgasjön in Sweden.
- New! Now includes Finland Port Services.
- Editions and notices to mariner changes
- Coverage of additional Hydrographica (Sweden) lake charts
including Lake Bolmen, Storsjon and Sommen
- Includes Boatlaunch UK Slipways and S57 data for Latvia and
- Coverage of Africa, Europe and the Middle East
- Local charts for most countries using UKHO S57 data and high
level Hydrographica, Sweden charts
- Port services for the U.K., Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark,
Netherlands, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Croatia in
cooperation with Bloc Marine, REEDS Nautical Almanac and other
- Chart-specific information, including chart name, number,
scale, revision date, latest Notice to Mariners date
- Trip and waypoint management function lets you transfer waypoints,
routes and tracks between your GPS and your PC
- Faithful representation of published official paper charts
- Object-oriented cartography
- Shaded depth contours
- Intertidal zones
- Spot soundings
- Port plans
- Navaids with view range and coverage
- Tides, wrecks, restricted areas and anchorages
GPSMAP 178C Sounder screen
detailed electronic charts from one of the offshore regions
on the BlueChart Americas CD and download the data to a
Garmin data card or to a compatible Garmin chartplotter
screen shows what detail such as spot soundings and shaded
depth contours looks like on a PC.
Legend, eTrex Vista,
GPS V, GPSMAP
76, GPSMAP 76S,
iQue M4, iQue
M5, Quest, Quest
2, Rino 120,
Rino 130 Rino
520 Rino 530
offer limited support of BlueChart.
what does 'limited support of BlueChart" mean?
A (from GARMIN Cartography): "Limited capability" may mean
that a unit may be able to draw all the map features from the
MapSource software, such as roads, lakes, nav-aids, depth contours,
wrecks, etc., but the interactive capability of the maps may be
limited. For example, you may not be able to "find nearest marinas"
or look up additional text about a specific mapping feature."