Many hams are misinformed about the importance of proper grounding. It's paramount for safety and station efficiency to have an excellent grounding system. In any grounding system, the ground electrode provides the physical connection to the Earth and is the essential instrument used to dissipate current. ERICO Ground Rods provide the superior Earth connections you need! ERICO has decades of experience and offers a complete line of ground rods to meet Amateur Radio and industry needs.
ERICO Ground Rods have these great features:
• 99.9 percent pure electrolytic copper coating
• Manufactured of high strength 1018 cold drawn steel
• Specifically manufactured to work with other ERICO/CADWELD products, like ONE SHOT
• Molecular bond to nickel-sealed high strength steel core
• Copper coating will not crack when bent or tear when driven
• Rods have a high carbon steel core and tip that provide superior strength when driving
• Resist corrosion better than galvanized rods allowing for approximately 30-year service life in most soils
• Minimum tensile strength of 80,000 psi and straightness tolerance of .010 in. per linear foot
• State of the art manufacturing process helps ensure uniform plating thickness
• ERICO name, length, diameter and part number is roll-stamped within 12 in. (304.8 mm) of chamfered end
• UL logo and control number where applicable stamped on each rod for easy inspection after installation
• Minimum copper coating of 10 mils on Rods Listed To Meet UL 467
• Exceed the requirements of ANSI®/UL® 467, CSA, and ANSI/NEMA GR-1
ERICO Ground Rods are a vital part of your station and antenna grounding systems. These superior ground rods will guarantee an efficient Earth ground and enhance your station's safety and efficiency.
Ground Rod Material: Steel
Plated Rod: Yes
Plating Material: Copper
Plating Thickness: 10 mils
Ground Rod Diameter: 0.560 in.
Ground Rod Length: 4.00 ft.
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: These ground rods are proprietary size and slightly smaller than 5/8 diameter. In some applications a shim may be required.