The Yaesu WIRES-X HRI-200 (Wide-coverage Internet Repeater Enhancement System) enables Internet to RF communications that expands the range of amateur radio using internet enabled Voice-over-IP technology. With WIRES-X, an amateur node station connected to the Internet and Interfaced to the WIRES-X HRI-200 unit can communicate using VoIP over long distances reliably with ease.
Unlike any other internet linking technology, Yaesu's HRI-200 is a simple to use plug and play internet linking solution. Included with the unit are pre-made cables that allow the end user to simply plug-in to any number of Yaesu radios and go; No soldering, cable building, or Router configuration required!* (* UPnP may not be supported by some routers.)
Systems features include:
- WIRES-X supports both Analog and the new C4FM Digital radio communications mode.
- WIRES-X allows communications between both C4FM digital stations and conventional FM stations via WIRES-X
- High quality voice communication is achieved by repeating C4FM digital data as it is via the Internet.
- WIRES ID: Adopted a simple user ID system using alphanumeric characters.
- Smart Access: WIRES-X automatically connects to nodes and rooms by utilizing the Smart Access function. (Digital node station only)
- Preset Serach: User can find local node station and receive their frequency setting data for automatic setup. (Digital node station only)
- Activity Monitor: IDs of active nodes and rooms can be searched from the C4FM transceiver via a local node. (Digital node station only)
- News Station: Stores and reads digital data such as text, images and audio data. (Digital node station only)
- WIRES-X provides everything that is needed to maintain a node or room for use by members only.
- Easy setup: Opening ports on the router also can be accomplished by using uPnP standards on uPnP capable routers.
- HRI-200 supports Analog FM mobile transceiver for Analog node station as well as Digital node station with FTM-400D.
- DR-1X repeater support will be available in early 2015 with a DR-1X firmware update.
- Supply Voltage: USB Bus Powered, DC +5.0 V ± 5 % (Negative Ground)
- Current Consumption: 130 mA ± 30 mA TYP
- Operating Temperature: 32 °F to 122°F
- Modulation Type: Double conversion super-heterodyne
- I/O Connectors: Mini DIN 10pin (RADIO 1, RADIO 2), 3.5mm Audio OUT (MONITOR), USB B
- Type USB 2.0 (Full-speed)
- Case Size (W x H x D): 4.4" x 1.0" x 5.2" (w/o knob & connector)
- Weight (approx.): 11.9 oz (340 g )
- Warranty: 1 Year
• USB Cable
• Data Cable Mini-DIN 10p-10p (CT-174)
• Data Cable Mini-DIN 10p-6p (CT-175)
• WIRES-X Software Setup Disk (CD)
• Operating Manual
• Warranty Card
WiRES-X PDN Function Instruction Manual
HRI-200 Instruction Manual
WiRES-X PC Software Update Infomation