This basemap comes factory installed with the GPSMAP 60, GPSMAP 60C, GPSMAP 60CS, eTrex Legend C, eTrex Legend Cx, eTrex Vista C, eTrex Vista Cx, Rino 520, and Rino 530.
- GARMIN mapping units come with built-in, permanent basemaps that cannot be altered. These basemaps come in a variety of global designations (e.g. Americas basemap, Atlantic basemap, Pacific basemap).
- For non-aviation use, units with the Americas basemap are supplied by GARMIN only to dealers in the Americas;Atlantic basemap models can only be purchased from dealers within the detailed coverage of that basemap, and likewise for Pacific basemap models.
- The only Atlantic and Pacific basemap models available from GPS Central are the Atlantic and Pacific versions of the GPSMAP 196 and GPSMAP 296.
- Factory-installed basemaps cannot be altered.
The Americas Recreational Routable Basemap v2 includes the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Central and South America, and covers an area from W180 to W30 Longitude, S60 to N75 Latitude. Includes a high-level worldwide map with borders and major cities.
The standard map coverage includes:
- Oceans, rivers, and lakes (greater than 30 sq. miles)
- Principal cities and a small number of smaller cities and towns
- Major interstates and principal highways
- Political boundaries (state and international borders)
- Major airports
A. United States -In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
- Lakes greater than 5 square miles
- A database of exits for the Federal Interstate highway system. This includes many businesses within about 1/4 mile of the exit, including: restaurants, diesel/gas, hotels/lodging, overnight RV parking, dumps, campgrounds, truckstops, medical facilities, shopping and outlet malls, ATMs, and many more attractions.
B. Canada – In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
- Lakes greater than 5 square miles (Southern Canada)
- Lakes greater than 10 square miles (Central Canada)
C. Mexico, Central and South America
- Standard Map Coverage