The Atlantic Highway basemap includes Europe, extreme western Russia, Africa, and the Middle East, and covers an area from N75 to S60
Latitude, W30 to E60 Longitude. Also included is a high-level worldwide map with political boundaries and major cities.
This basemap comes factory installed in these units sold only within the coverage area shown above: GPSMAP 295, GPSMAP 76, GPSMAP 76S, 176/176C, GPS III Plus, GPS 12MAP, StreetPilot ColorMap, eMap, Nav Talk, Nav Talk Pilot, eTrex Legend, eTrex Vista, and Rino models. GPS Central is not able to supply units with the Atlantic basemap.
Please note: GARMIN mapping units come with built-in, permanent basemaps that cannot be altered. These basemaps come in a variety of global designations (e.g. Americas basemap, Atlantic basemap, Pacific basemap).Units with the Americas basemap are supplied by GARMIN only to dealers in the Americas; Atlantic basemap models can only be purchased from dealers within the detailed coverage of that basemap, and likewise for Pacific basemap models. Factory-installed basemaps cannot be altered.
The standard map coverage for the Atlantic basemap includes:
- Oceans, rivers and lakes (greater than 30 square miles)
- Principal cities and a small amount of smaller cities and towns
- Major motorways and/or interstates and principal highways
- Political boundaries (state and international borders)
- Large and Medium Airports
- Urban areas greater than 200K
A. Iceland, Great Britain, Baltic States, Denmark, Germany, Benelux, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Southern Africa (up to S20 Latitude) – In addition to the standard map coverage, these areas also include:
- Small lakes, major streams and rivers
- Urban areas
- Regional arterial roadways
- Exits for major motorways and/or interstates (Europe Only)
- Small cities and towns