Metal detecting is an age old hobby that can uncover some amazing treasures! If you’ve got a metal detecting enthusiast in your life, here are some gift ideas of what they might like this Christmas.
Crucial Gear: A Metal Detector
For the Beginner
If you’re new to metal detecting as a hobby, this is a great place to start. These options have everything you need to focus on the experience, rather than extra features that might complicate things. For the beginner metal detecting enthusiast we recommend:
For the Gold Digger
If you’re all about the treasure hunt, a gold metal detector is the perfect companion. For the Gold Digging Metal Detecting enthusiast we recommend:
For the Pro
If you or a loved one are experts when it comes to Metal Detecting, we have the perfect options to take things to the next level. For the pros we recommend:
- Minelab CTX 3030 ($3,332.00). Made for Coin, Relic, Jewellery & Beach detecting. The waterproof all-terrain CTX 3030 is the ultimate TREASURE detector. Uncover history and record your find locations with integrated GPS!
- Minelab Equinox 800 ($1,262.00). With innovative NEW multi-frequency technology, the EQUINOX Series redefines all-purpose detecting for the serious enthusiast. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions, just set your detecting location and go!
Metal Detecting Accessories
For the metal detecting enthusiast that already has the latest and greatest metal detector. These accessories are made to make every treasure hunt a success.
The Metal Detecting Accessories Everyone Needs
- Pin Pointers – to help you to accurately locate targets inside a small hole or crevice where a metal detector coil cannot fit. This results in smaller holes, less environmental disruption and faster target recovery time. Our recommendation: the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
- Shovels – finding a treasure’s location is no good if you can’t get to it!
- Panning Kits – and an instructional video to learn the tricks of the trade
- Pocket Knife / Multi-Tool Kit – a great multi-tool kit is a game changer when you’re extracting a new find
- Digital Scales – measure the grams, dwt, and ounces of your finds.
- Knee pads – for digging and sifting.
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointing Metal Detector$162.95
Garrett CSI Pro-Pointer II Pinpointing Metal Detector$199.50
Minelab PRO-GOLD Riffle Pans & Classifier$9.00 – $17.00
Toyo 250 and 500 Digital Scales$49.99 – $69.99
Lesche All Purpose Long Shovel 26″$75.00
Lesche Sampson T-Handle Shovel with Double Serration, 31″$93.00
The Gift No One Else Will Think Of
For the one who has everything, give the gift of a new hobby. There are some great accessories you can give them to inspire new traditions.
- Solid footwear worthy of an adventure
- Polarized sunglasses to help their eagle eyes
- A coin collector case to display their treasures
- History books that tie into some of the relics that they’ve found
- Subscription to a metal detecting magazine
- Maps for abandoned places
- Two-Way Radios when you’re adventuring with friends
Still not sure what to gift? Browse our full selection of metal detectors & accessories for more gift ideas for your friends and family.