Extreme Satellite Phone Smarter. Tougher.
First phone to combine location awareness, SOS, and market-leading, world-beating toughness.
Iridium Extreme is the toughest handset ever from the only company that offers real global, real mobile, real reliable communications. Engineered with more features and more accessories than any other satellite phone on the market, Iridium Extreme puts more innovative capability — and more ways to connect than ever before — into the hands of people everywhere.
Standardized: A highly capable handset needs a highly capable network to empower it. Iridium Extreme is built with the same reliable voice and data capability that Iridium users have come to trust, and backed by the world's only satellite network that commands real global coverage, pole to pole.
Optimized: From desert to mountain, savanna to tundra, Iridium Extreme puts more powerful capability into the hands of people, around the world. It has more features and accessories than any other satellite phone. It is the only one with real time tracking. It is the only satellite phone with GPS-enabled SOS with emergency services supported by GEOS Travel Safety Group Limited, included at no additional charge. And it can connect with Iridium AxcessPoint to create a Wi-Fi hotspot to keep in touch on your trusted devices — everywhere.
Ruggedized: No other phone in the world has more guts or grit than Iridium Extreme. It is the first phone with military-grade 810F durability. It is dust proof, shock and jet-water resistant. From emergency crews and paramedics to military personnel and government operations, Iridium Extreme is built for the world's toughest, highest usage customers to make the connections that matter under the harshest conditions, anywhere on the planet.
Iridium Extreme Satellite Phone Features:
• Iridium’s most compact phone
• Industry’s highest IP rated most durable phone
• First military-grade phone
• Diamond-tread rubber grip and cinched waist
• Illuminated weather-resistant hard-capped keypad
• Rugged, high-gain, internally stowed antenna; 40% thicker for increased durability and a top articulating design
• Covered, user programmable SOS button
• Wind resistant microphone
• Integrated top-mounted high audio speakerphone
• Intuitive user interface for out-of-the-box functionality
• Quick-connect to Iridium voicemail
• Two-way SMS and short email capability
• Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +)
• Mailbox for voice, numeric and text messages
• 4 alerts and 4 ring tones
• Check-in functions are compatible with GeoPro for comprehensive monitoring.
User programmable SOS button can send emergency alerts to up to 3 contacts
Tracking and Location Features
• GPS location sharing and tracking capability: view coordinates or share with contacts, Facebook, Twitter
• Compatible with GeoPro for comprehensive web-based tracking and monitoring
Usage Control Features
Call timers to manage costs
PIN lock for additional security
Covered SOS button to protect against accidental deployment
Tracking can be turned off and PIN protected to prevent location sharing
Iridium Extreme Specifications:
• Dimensions (L x W x D): 5.5” x 2.4” x 1.1” (14 cm x 6 cm x 2.7 cm)
• Weight: 8.7 oz (247 g)
• IP65 for unparalleled durability
• MIL-STD 810F resistance to dust, shock, vibration, blowing rain
• GPS Fix: lat, long, altitude, age of fix, number of satellites (extended GPS coordinates available when used with GeoPro)
• Talk time: Up to 4 hours
• Standby time: Up to 30 hours
• Operating range: 14°F to 131°F (-10°C to 55°C)
• Monochrome illuminated graphic display
• Volume, signal and battery strength meters
• Supports 21 languages (not including input languages)
• 100 alpha numeric memory storage, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes
• SIM-based address book with 155 alpha numeric memory storage
• Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
• One-touch dialing
• Circuit-switched: up to 13 kbps with compression
• Less reliance on wireline networks
• Continuous talk time
• Fewer Dropped Calls
• Higher reliability
• Connection available outside gateway footprint
In the Box:
• Iridium Extreme satellite phone
• Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
• AC travel charger
• International plug kit
• DC car charger
• Portable auxiliary, magnetic vehicle mount antenna with 5’ cable
• USB-Mini cable
• Handsfree headset
• Adapter for USB, and power
• Adapter for USB, power and external antenna with TNC connector
• Mini-USB data port
• Data CD-ROM
• Iridium Extreme Quick Start Guide
• Iridium Extreme User’s Manual
Iridium Extreme Satellite Phone
BURN RATES - Number of units burned for each type of call or usage. Burn rates are per minute unless otherwise specified.
CHOOSE YOUR PLAN
Incoming voice calls, data calls and SMS messages are available anywhere.
Outgoings voice calls, data calls and SMS messages can only be originated from Canada, Alaska and 12 nautical miles into coastal waters.
Can be used anywhere in the world. No activation fee, and if you have valuable unused airtime remaining, you can extend the expiry date for 30 or 90 days, without having to recharge the card with more airtime.
Included Iridium Units
Landline or cellular (from card region to North America)
Landline or cellular (from card region to outside North America)
Landline or cellular (all regions)
Other satellite networks
Data calls (originating within region)
* Minutes Included is an estimate based on Iridium to landline/cell calls. When calls are made to other Iridium phones, other satellite carriers and/or voicmail, the included minutes will be less, based on minutes used and service called. All rates are per minute, except SMS/text messages which are per message. All Iridium prepaid cards are shipped active. The expiry period begins when shipped. If you would like the card to be active at a later date, please make a note in the Comments/Feedback section of your order.
Iridium Prepaid Card Pricing Details
The expiry date of your SIM card begins when the card is activated or refilled
Maximum expiry period per account is 3 years
Calls are decremented in 20 second increments, texts are decremented per message
Calls to check voicemail are considered outgoing calls
Card can be recharged with additional airtime prior to expiry, at the then current retail rate of the same card. Expiry dates are automatically extended and you retain your original Iridium phone number.
Expiry dates are calculated by combining the expiry periods. Expiry periods are cumulative for a maximum of 3 years*
Iridium Prepaid Card Voicemail Service
All Iridium prepaid cards include voicemail at no additional cost