Backroad GPS Maps bring over 25 years of backcountry mapping to life with the most detailed and comprehensive coverage of Canada available to recreational users. Packed with the most up-to-date outdoor recreation information including topographic contours and summits, routable industry and forest service roads, campsites, multi-use and motorized trails, crown and private land areas and much more, these maps put our Backroad Mapbooks series right in the palm of your hand. Featuring handy tools like trip tracking and sharing and droppable waypoints, these Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp compatible maps are your guide to the best of the backcountry.
- Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp compatible
- Featuring 10,000, 20,000 or 50,000 base scale maps (depending on the province/area)
- Detailed topography highlighting Canada’s terrain with industry-leading contour lines and relief shading
- 3D terrain shading on compatible devices and in Garmin Basecamp
- Contains routable roads, including forest service, industry and city roads as well as highways, to make getting to your destination easy with point-to-point routes
- Crown and private land in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Also included are clearly defined national, provincial and regional parks, First Nations Reserves, ecological reserves, restricted areas and more.
- Township and range section available in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. BC to Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba provides industry data including Oil & Gas facilities, LSD grids, townships, cutlines, pipelines and more.
- Smart background and searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for anglers and hunters
- Thousands of clearly marked multi-use and motorized trail systems (ATV, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobile, and more)
- Clearly marked canoe and kayak routes including portage distances, access points and more
Points of Interest
- Thousands of searchable points-of-interest with descriptions, including trailheads, staging areas, campsites, picnic areas, viewpoints, cabins, ski areas, beaches, anchorages, boat launches, dams, ferries, lighthouses, gates, airstrips, mine sites, microwave towers, resorts, visitors centres, wineries and more.
Customize Your Maps
- Add your own waypoints and create your own routes for a map that’s all your own
Your Reputable Map Source
- Updated regularly and developed in cooperation with local agencies (government, parks, forestry and tourism organizations, local municipalities, non-profit outdoor groups/clubs, customers and more) to ensure accuracy
- Address search available in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland & Labrador, Québec, and Yukon.
Backroad GPS Maps allow you to view thousands of points-of-interest and trail tracks, including:
Backroad Adventures: Backcountry attractions, natural and manmade landmarks, big trees, waterfalls, caves, hot springs, glaciers, lighthouses, museums, historic sites, urban attractions, viewpoints
Fishing Adventures: Fishing lakes, rivers, streams, ocean hot spots, stocking info, boat launches, marinas, tips and techniques, species information and fishing tips, lake definitions, directions, regulations, facilities
Hunting Adventures: Wildlife Management boundaries and highlights, big and small game species, game bird species, waterfowl, species info, regulations, tips and techniques
Paddling Adventures: Paddling points, paddling routes, access points, lake circuits, ocean kayaking, whitewater routes, river grading and class, portages, put-in and take-out locations, attractions, access
Park Adventures: National, provincial and urban parks, picnic areas, conservancy areas, backcountry campsites, huts and cabins, park campsites, water and trail activities, wildlife viewing, boat launches
Recsite Adventures (BC): Recsite locations, backcountry campsites, water and trail activities, wildlife viewing, boat launches, picnic areas, number of campsites
Trail Adventures: Trailheads, multi-use trails (hiking, biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing), Trans Canada Trail, backcountry routes, elevation gain, activities, difficulty, distance, access
ATV (OHV) Adventures: Thousands of kilometers of ATV trails, trailheads, length, difficulty, elevation gain, restricted areas, staging areas, attractions and activities
Snowmobile Adventures: Thousands of kilometers of trails, trailheads, riding and staging areas, difficulty, length, elevation gain, restricted areas, rules and regulations, clubs and associations
Wildlife Adventures: Wildlife viewing hotspots (bighorn sheep, mountain goat, deer, elk, moose, bears), birdwatching sites (songbirds, game birds, shorebirds, waterfowl), fish hatcheries and spawning areas
Winter Adventures: Winter rec areas, facilities and amenities, backcountry skiing routes and touring areas, cross-country, downhill skiing and snowshoeing areas, trailheads, distances, difficulty, elevation gain, activities, fees