Bluetooth GPS + GLONASS Receiver & Datalogger with Barometric Sensor, USB File System Support, and Streaming NMEA GPS Output
The original Bad Elf GPS Pro received rave reviews from the most demanding customers in military, commercial, and private aviation. The new Bad Elf GPS Pro+ adds GLONASS satellite capability, USB file system access to data logs, and a barometric sensor for altitude. This GPS receiver, with 24 hour battery life and the capacity to log a full week on the road, just got better.
Bad Elf Pro+ Features
- Instantly add GPS location support to your iPad Wi-Fi or iPod touch devices via Bluetooth. Connect up to five devices at once (supports 3 active devices at one time, saves 5 devices in the pair list.)
- View GPS + GLONASS status quickly with the backlit LCD.
- All day battery life allows you to track for up to 35 hours.
- Log up to 66 hours of trip position data direct on your Bad Elf GPS Pro+.
- Access your data logs directly from any PC or Mac using the included USB cable. GPS appears just like a USB thumb drive.
- USB connectivity to PC or Mac provides streaming NMEA GPS data.
- Obtain altitude from GPS and from the built-in barometer.
- High performance 66 channel GPS + GLONASS receiver provides latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, and GPS track.
- Accurate to 2.5m (9 ft) up to 60,000 ft and 1000 mph.
- Quickly acquires satellite lock without cell tower assistance. Hot start time as quick as 2 seconds.
- No internet connection or monthly subscription required.
- IPX4 water resistance makes this device ready for outdoors.
Apps galore. The Bad GPS Pro+ meets all requirements under Apple’s MFi program, and works great with any location-based app in the App Store. To simplify your search for great apps, we’ve categorized many apps that we know work well with the Bad Elf GPS Pro+ by your favorite activities. We’ve tested the GPS Pro+ with all the major flight planning and aviation chart apps as well as many marine, fitness, car navigation, and golf apps.
Simple to use. Easy to enjoy. At Bad Elf, we strive to create high quality, dependable products consistent with Apple’s philosophy of “It just works!” Just turn on your Bad Elf GPS Pro+ and go play. No complicated setup. Extra long battery life. No hassles.
GPS Technical Specs:
- Fast GPS lock times (45 seconds or less)
- 1-10 hZ position update rate
- 2.5 meter accuracy
- 60,000ft / 18,000m maximum altitude
- 1000mph / 1,600kph maximum speed
- 66-channel GPS + GLONASS receiver
- SBAS: WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS
- NMEA: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC – Talker ID’s GP,GL,GN
- ~65 hour datalogger memory @ 1hz
- Mini-USB port for charging and ElfPort expansion
- 128×96 dot LCD screen with backlight
- 200+ hour datalogger memory
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Dimensions: 3″ x 2.4″ x 0.7″ (76.5mm x 61.5mm x 17.5mm)
- Weight: 3.2 oz (90 grams)
- iOS, Android, Windows
- The Bad Elf GPS App requires iOS 8.0+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth SPP, USB Serial