A 12-30VDC adapter is included, making it perfect to connect to vehicles, boats and aircrafts.
Add GPS wirelessly to your: iPod Touch, iPad (all versions), iPhone (all versions) and Android devices
The included non-slip pad is very useful for GPS navigation in a car or a boat. The two-piece strap which works as an armband and to secure the receiver to a backpack strap, for example, is great for outdoor activities such as golfing, geocaching, cycling, hiking and more. The XGPS150A is not waterproof, but it will withstand light splashes when it is seated properly in the non-slip pad.
The XGPS150A measures about 2.25″ square, which makes it very easy to take it with you wherever you go. Set up is a breeze. Like with any other Bluetooth electronics, you will first have to pair the GPS Receiver with the device you intend to use it with. This will take less than a minute and then you can begin using your device with apps that require GPS.
The XGPS150A also comes with a useful GPS Status Tool app. (Available Free on the iTunes store). The app is a simple utility application for use with the device. The app shows detailed information from the receiver including:
- Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
- How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
- The battery level of the XGPS150, and whether or not it is charging
- Confirmation the XGPS150 is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
Key Features of XGPS150A
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver works with most apps that require GPS
- Wirelessly connects to devices via Bluetooth
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 8.5 hours
- USB charging via the included USB cable
- Includes a non-slip dashboard pad
- Includes an adjustable strap to attach to an arm or a backpack
- Includes 12-30V car charger