Add GPS wirelessly to your: iPod Touch, iPad (all versions), iPhone (all versions) and Android devices
Meet the SkyPro – a brand new GPS Receiver with fast signal acquisition and 10Hz positioning updates, making it an ideal GPS for pilots, race car drivers and other fast moving applications. The WAAS receiver is compatible with both GPS (USA) and GLONASS (Russia) systems and it connects via Bluetooth to up to 5 Apple or Android devices.
Just like its predecessor, the popular XGPS150, SkyPro is very simple to use. There is a quick set up process that includes pairing your tablet with the unit. Once this is done, SkyPro will automatically connect to the device it was last paired with, and you will be able to use it with hundreds of apps that require location information.
The GPS receiver will run for up to 10 hours on a charge, and can be recharged using the included 12-28VDC cigarette lighter adapter, from any PC, or from the USB charger which came with your tablet/phone.
This GPS Receiver also comes with a useful GPS Status Tool app. (Available free on the iTunes App Store). The app allows you to turn on and off the automatic route recording feature, and to export the stored log file information. The Status Tool app also shows detailed information from the GPS Receiver including:
- Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
- How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
- The battery level of the GPS Receiver, and whether or not it is charging
- Confirmation the GPS Receiver is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
The SkyPro GPS Receiver also includes a non-slip pad for use in a cockpit, car or a boat.
Key Features of XGPS160
- High-sensitivity WAAS GPS receiver
- Simultaneous GPS and GLONASS reception
- Up to 10 position samples per second
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity to up to 5 devices
- iPad (generations 1 to 4)
- iPad mini
- iPod Touch (generations 2-5)
- iPhone (all models)
- Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets and laptops (Android, OS X, Windows and Surface Devices)
- Automatic route recording
- Works with most apps that require GPS
- Built-in rechargeable battery lasts 10 hours
- USB charging via the included USB cable
- Includes a non-slip dashboard pad
- Includes 12-28VDC charging adapter