DX Engineering Radial Plates are made of 304 Stainless Steel, 1/8 inch thick and 11.625 in. x 11.625 in. outside dimensions. They are made with the finest Stainless Steel that will last! Not cheap aluminum that will dissolve in your soil!
“…..it is so beautiful, I want to frame it and put it up on the wall – not in the dirt under my vertical. Sebastian – NS0W”
Unique enough to be covered by two US Patents, (Pat. No. 6,927,740 and D533,167), the DX Engineering Radial Plate is meant for those of you that have or are building a quarter wave vertical antenna and who want an easy, neat and effective way to connect those essential radial wires and the coax to your vertical antenna for the lowest takeoff angle and strongest signals. Stainless steel construction assures that your signal won’t disappear like a disintegrating aluminum radial plate.
Will now fit up to 3″ OD Pipe! Saddle clamp to mount the DX Engineering Radial Plate to a ground mounted pipe is sold separately.
- For STEEL pipe from 1″ to 2″ O.D. the all-Stainless Steel SSVC-2P is the recommended clamp.
- For STEEL pipe from 2″ to 3″ O.D. the all-Stainless Steel SSVC-3P is the recommended clamp.
- For pipe or rod whose O.D. is between 0.50 in. and 1.75 in. then the DXE-CAVS-11P V-saddle clamp is recommended. For tubing from 1 in.to 2 in. O.D., use the DXE-CAVS-2P V-saddle clamp.
This plate will work perfectly with most commercially available vertical antennas such as the Hustler BTV series (4BTV thru the 6BTV), the SteppIR (BiggIR or SmallIR) or an antenna of your own construction. When used with the Hy-Gain AV-18HT Hy-Tower antenna, the radial plate will sit on the concrete under the base plate and will fit within the three concrete-mounted base/insulator pipes.
The DX Engineering Radial Plate has a number of advantages over the other plates on the market:
- First, the DX Engineering Radial Plate will attach easily and rigidly to a 4×4 or 6×6 wooden post using simple wood screws, a steel or aluminum pipe,(up to 3.0 in. outside diameter) using one of our saddle clamps, a fence post or whatever you have supporting your vertical.
- Second, this plate actually has a place where you can attach your coax! What a concept! The plate assembly has been drilled for optional SO-239 Chassis Mount and Bulkhead Fittings. This is a MUST item for proper handling of RF ground current! Regardless of how you do it, it is imperative that your coax be grounded to the radials to complete the circuit for your radial current.
- Third, the DX Engineering Radial Plate is laser cut from tough stainless steel so that it has smooth edges, won’t corrode and will always look good. You will be proud of how good your installation looks.
- Fourth, it is square. Why? Because a square has more lineal distance around it than the round plates that you usually see. This allowed us to put 60 holes in it; use larger bolts for more clamping power and still not crowd them together. Remember: The more current that flows in through your radials and then through this plate, the stronger your signal is going to be and the more DX stations that you are going to hear. So, put on as many radials as you can.
- Fifth, we supply the correct Stainless Steel bolts, nuts, star washers, flat washers and lock washers to attach the radials.