DX Engineering Time Variable Sequencer Units are microprocessor-based transmit/receive control signal-delay units. They can provide 0-30 milliseconds of delay, programmable in 2 milliseconds increments, to as many as five different outputs tied to your CW keying or push-to-talk (PTT) lines.
By controlling the receive-to-transmit (and back) timing of linear amplifiers, and other sensitive equipment, damage caused by improper switch timing may be avoided. These DX Engineering TVSUs improve CW performance by eliminating the annoying leading-edge chopping or truncating of Morse characters, especially important in contests or pileups, where sending accuracy is critical.
Now RoHS-compliant, they may also control external devices, such as preamps, active antennas, or external relays that need to have power removed during transmit. Separate power-in and power-out jacks on the front panel are used to control external power. Two 2.1mm power plugs and two 3.5mm stereo plugs are provided.
Additional TVSU features include:
- Control timing of PTT turn-on, hang delay of PTT, amplifier hang delay, external antenna relay hang delay, and turn-on delay of auxiliary output
- Dip switch settable delays of 0-30ms in 2ms increments
- Side tone generator that follows input of keyer or hand key, not transmitter
- Side tone pitch can be programmed from 300 to 1,000 Hz in 50 Hz steps
- Front panel headphone jack with adjustable volume
- Supports CW full break-in
- Can control external power to DX Engineering active receive antennas and thereby permit operation in closer proximity to transmit antennas