June 15, 2021: New Features available through a free software update through the Garmin Connect app
- Improved VO2 max: Record VO2 max during a trail run activity (can be turned off if desired) and receive a more accurate VO2 max that accounts for difficult terrain or footing when using the “run” activity profile.
- Rate of perceived exertion (RPE) and feel: After a workout, an athlete can record how hard it was and how it felt. These subjective ratings are then uploaded to Garmin Connect™ as part of the activity.
- Improved intensity minutes: Find out how and when daily intensity minutes were earned
- Daily suggested workouts: Receive on-device running and cycling daily workout suggestions based on training history, fitness level and recovery time.
- Advanced sleep and sleep score by Firstbeat Analytics™: Right from the wrist, review advanced sleep metrics including sleep stages and receive a sleep score and sleep insights based on the quality and quantity of the previous night’s sleep.
- Ultrarun activity: Log time spent at aid stations while using the ultrarun activity with rest timer.
- Additional animated on-screen workouts: Easy-to-follow workouts, including cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates can be downloaded from the Garmin Connect app and synced directly to the watch.
- Improved fitness age: Receive a more accurate estimate of the body’s “fitness age” using chronological age, activity, resting heart rate and BMI or body fat percentage (Index or Index S2 required for body fat percentage metric)
GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch Made for Athletes
Preloaded activity profiles for cycling and pool swimming let you round out your training routine, and the multisport profile consolidates data for your brick workouts. To meet your goals, tap into advanced physio features such as heat and altitude acclimation, training load focus and race predictor. Chase down new PRs with Forerunner 745. This Garmin Forerunner 745 watch is made for runners and triathletes like you who need detailed training stats and on-device workouts plus smartwatch functions such as music, contactless payments¹ and more.
Enjoy phone-free music playlists while you run when you sync music from select services² and listen to music on your Garmin watch.
Garmin Forerunner 745 Watch: Key Features
DAILY SUGGESTED WORKOUTS
For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run and ride recommendations based on your current training load and training status.
BUILT-IN SPORTS APPS
Built-in activity profiles for running, triathlon, cycling, open-water swimming, track running and more allow you to easily switch between activity tracking. For tri races and brick workouts, switch sports with just one button press.
ADVANCED PHYSIO FEATURES
Performance monitoring features include VO2 max and training status with training load focus, a metric that tracks your mixture of training intensities.
After each workout, the built-in recovery advisor will let you know how long to rest before another big effort while also accounting for all-day stress, sleep and daily activity outside of workouts.
ADVANCED PHYSIO MEASUREMENTS
Offers performance measurements adjusted for heat and altitude, including acclimation status for both. Also tracks recovery time, aerobic and anaerobic training effects and more.
Whether you are training for an Ironman or a marathon, you can create your own workout and get accurate performance data.
Download a Garmin Coach adaptive training plan — for free — and have your own coach with you at all times!
SYNC TRAINING PLANS
Get your indoor and outdoor training plans from the Garmin Connect app, or sync seamlessly to your Forerunner from other apps including TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad.
Create courses in our Garmin Connect app, or plan them on other platforms such as Strava and Komoot, then automatically sync them to your Forerunner.
MUSIC ON YOUR WRIST
Sync your playlists from select music streaming services² — such as Deezer, Amazon Music and Spotify — right to your watch. Forerunner 745 can store up to 500 songs.
GARMIN PAY CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS
Garmin Pay lets you make convenient payments with your watch1 so you can leave your cash and cards at home.
When used with a compatible accessory³, Forerunner 745 measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance and more.
This specialized tool takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES
Includes incident detection4 during select activities and assistance, both of which send your real-time location to emergency contacts.
Includes health monitoring4 such as wrist-based heart rate, all-day stress tracking, relaxation breathing timer, Body Battery energy monitoring and more.
Includes smart notifications5, weather and more when connected to your compatible smartphone.
CONNECT IQ STORE
Check out the Connect IQ Store, where you can add personality to Forerunner 745 by downloading apps, widgets, watch faces and more. It’s easy and — even better — it’s free.
Get up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode and 6 hours in GPS mode with music. Use UltraTrac mode to make sure you’ve got enough juice to outlast your longest race.
¹View current supported country, payment network and issuing bank information
² Requires premium subscription with a third-party music provider
³ When used with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Run or HRM-Tri monitors (sold separately)
4 Activity tracking accuracy
5 When paired with your compatible smartphone. For safety and tracking features requirements and limitations, see Garmin.com/safety