Rugged GPS handheld and inReach satellite communicator with Garmin TopoActive U.S. and Canada mapping
- Large 3″ sunlight-readable colour display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TopoActive U.S. and Canada mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode; 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking intervals
Precise Garmin navigation meets global communication in the GPSMAP® 66i premium GPS handheld with inReach® satellite technology.
Built for tough treks
The sturdy, button-operated GPSMAP 66i features a large 3″ colour display you can see even in bright sunlight. If you’re out in the field for long stretches of time, you can turn on Expedition mode and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
inReach Satellite communication
Staying in touch is vital, even on less challenging trips. Using inReach technology (subscription required), this handheld lets you trigger an SOS to the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team for interactive support in an emergency. It also enables two-way messaging and LiveTrack location sharing via the 100% global Iridium satellite network, so you can stay in contact with loved ones, teammates, headquarters and more.
Navigate with confidence
GPSMAP 66i is fitted with the best in Garmin navigation. Preloaded Garmin TopoActive U.S. and Canada mapping provides detailed views of topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points. Direct-to-device downloads of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery provide high-resolution photo-realistic views of your route, trailheads, clearings and more — without an annual subscription. Support for multi-GNSS combined with altimeter, barometer and compass navigation sensors lets you track and navigate in challenging environments.
Wireless cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather for up-to-date forecasts, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation and clouds — right on the handheld when connected to Garmin Connect Mobile.
Pair with your mobile device
The free Garmin Explore mobile app lets you plan, review and sync data, including waypoints, routes, activities and collections. Review completed activities while still in the field, even when you’re off the grid. The app also lets you sync your GPSMAP 66i with your compatible mobile device so you can access unlimited maps, aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts. You can even use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can access your phone’s contact list from the Garmin Explore app to connect with fewer keystrokes. Plan for future trips and review previous activities from the Garmin Explore website.