Your Lights Need to be Smarter, Not Brighter
- Works independently and seamlessly integrates with compatible Edge® cycling computers¹
- As rider’s speed increases, the headlight automatically projects further ahead or closer as a rider’s speed decreases when paired with select Edge computers
- As light conditions change, the smart Varia headlights and tail light automatically get brighter or dimmer, when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000
- Adjustments, including on/off, can be made manually with the use of an included remote
- With 2 tail lights you can indicate impending right or left turns
Varia smart bike lights help to create a safer riding environment by adjusting to changing light conditions as well as bike speed when paired with select Edge computers¹. As speed increases, the headlight automatically projects light further ahead to where it’s needed most. As ambient light fades or gets brighter, both the headlight and tail light adjust automatically when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000 bike computer. Beam cutoff prevents headlight from blinding oncoming drivers.
Whoever You Are, Wherever You Ride, Day or Night
Whether you are training, commuting or just out for a pleasant evening ride with the family, Varia bike lights can adjust for speed and light conditions to put the light where you need it the most. Manual on/off controls allow you to use the lights for daylight rides as well.
Varia Radar Alerts You to Traffic Approaching From Behind
The Varia line of cycling awareness products also includes rearview radar that can alert you — through compatible Edge bike computers¹ or a head unit — when traffic behind you is getting close. The radar picks up cars or trucks at 153 yards (140 meters) and can track multiple targets as they approach. The tail light also warns approaching vehicles to a cyclist ahead.
¹Compatibility for the Edge 1000, Edge 810, Edge 520, Edge 510 and Edge Touring Plus will be added via software updates in Q3. Limted support for the Edge 25 will be added via a software update in Q3.