Remote head HF marine SSB transceiver
- DSP (digital signal processor) provides flexible filter settings
- Email ready with one touch access
- Digital connection between remote head (or PC) and main body
- 160 user programmable memory channels
- The latest in ICOM SSB technology and construction
- 150W power, 100% duty cycle including RTTY
- All modes, including RTTY
- Receive 500 kHz – 29.9999 MHz
- Monitor all 976 ITU voice and data channels.
- 1355 channels
- Built-in DSC (digital selective calling) ITU class E
- Multiple scanning modes
- Rugged die cast aluminum chassis
- Direct keypad entry
- Large backlit alphanumeric LCD display
with selectable lighting levels
- Large tactile knobs for easy channel selection
- Automatic antenna tuning with optional AT-140
Standard 4 × 8 remote controller
The IC-M802 offers an industry-standard 4-inch tall (10.16 cm) remote controller. When set up with the IC-M502 VHF radio, Icom offers you a complete communications station.
Large LCD with dot matrix characters
You can easily read the alphanumeric name of any of the 1355 ITU channels at a glance with the large LCD display. Nighttime operation is no problem with 10 levels (plus OFF) adjustable backlit display and keypad.
Easy to use in all conditions
The IC-M802 offers two large dials – bank and channel – for easy channel selection. Up to 16 banks of 20 (max.) each for user channels, and 17 banks for ITU channels are available.
Built-in digital selective calling
For added safety at sea, the IC-M802 offers the latest in one-touch DSC emergency communications technology. (ITU Class E standard.) The emergency button is covered by a red, spring loaded hatch to avoid accidental DSC activation.
Digital signal processor advantage
The speech compressor, utilizing DSP, increases average talk power. Flexible filter settings provide for narrow band signals like e-mail, SITOR, FSK and other operation without an optional filter.
150W (PEP) of powerful output
150 Watts of power offers superior worldwide communications. A one piece, die cast aluminum chassis and a large cooling fan allow continuous transmission at full output power – very important for data communications, like e-mail.
One-touch e-mail access
An SSB first! The IC-M802 can be set to memorize your HF e-mail access frequency, mode and bandwidth settings. At sea e-mail has never been easier. * Please consult with an HF e-mail provider for details.
Automatic antenna tuner, AT-140
An optional automatic antenna tuner, AT-140, easily connects to the IC-M802. When the tuner cannot tune the antenna, the IC-M802 bypasses the tuner and displays a warning indicator on the LCD.
• Wide band receive coverage (0.5 – 29.9999MHz)
• Remote control mic allows you to select channels directly
• Accessory RS-232C port allows connection of modem, etc.
• GPS input, NMEA 0183 version 3.01
• A headphone jack in front of the controller