The 100 Ch/Sec Wideband Signal “Search Machine”
- 0.100 to 1309.995MHz wideband coverage with AM, FM, WFM modes
- 100 ch/second high speed scan
- 15 hrs. of continuous receive capability
- Total of 1300 memory channels
- 150mW audio output power
- Optional drop-in charger stand, BC-194
- VSC (voice squelch control) function
- Earphone cord antenna for AM aviation as well as FM broadcasts
- CI-V control capability with optional CT-17
- External DC power jack
- Compact drip resistant construction
- Built in ferrite bar antenna for AM
- CTCSS and DTCS tone squelch
- PC programming capabilities
- Priority watch function with beep sound
- Auto power off timer
00 kHz – 1309.995 MHz* wideband coverage
While the IC-R6 receives an ultra wideband frequency range, the radio provides superior sensitivity and receiver characteristics that is insusceptible to interference. Amateur stations, AM, FM, short wave broadcasts, TV audio* and a variety of utility communications can be caught and listened to.
*Frequency range depends on version. Analog TV audio only. Cannot decode digital TV audio.
100 channels per second high speed scan
The IC-R6 has 100 channels per second high speed scan capability*. This superior scanning power allows the utmost efficiency when search over 1300 MHz of spectrum!
*VFO mode scanning.
15 hours of continuous receive capability*
The IC-R6 is energy-efficient, designed to provide many hours of listening enjoyment on a single charge. With the supplied rechargeable Ni-MH cells (1400mAh × 2), the IC-R6 provides up to 15 hours of continuous receive capability*.
*At 50 mW output using external speaker.
1300 memory channels with 22 memory banks
With 1300 alphanumeric memory channels, 50 scan edges and 200 auto write memories, the IC-R6 gives you flexible scanning. Use the bank link scan feature to choose from and connect any of the 22 memory banks.
VSC (Voice Squelch Control)
The VSC opens the squelch only when a modulated signal is detected and ignores unmodulated beat noise. It is a handy feature for those listeners who are scanning for talk, news and music, but not data bursts or beacons.
Multiple power choices
The IC-R6 can be powered by rechargeable Ni-MH cells, or with alkaline batteries. Run the IC-R6 using the AC adapter, BC-196S, or opt for a cigarette lighter cable, CP-18. When used the optional drop-in charger stand BC-194 with the AC adapter or cigarette lighter cable, you can easily start charging the Ni-MH cells, while eliminating the need to connect the power source to the DC power jack of the receiver.
- Built-in audio low pass filter
- ±1.0ppm high frequency stability (at 25°C)
- Earphone cord antenna for AM broadcast
- Ferrite bar antenna for AM broadcast
- 150mW loud audio with internal speaker
- DTCS and CTCSS tone squelch and reverse tone squelch
- Priority watch function with priority beep function
- Optional CT-17, CI-V level converter for remote control
- PC programmable with optional CS-R6
- Receiver-to-receiver cloning (optional OPC-474 required)
- Auto power OFF (0.5-2 hours and end of busy signal)
- Compact, dip-resistant construction
- Duplex operation monitoring
- Automatic LCD backlight
- Dial speed acceleration
- Built-in RF attenuator
- Auto memory write scan stores the detected frequency, mode and tone into a specified memory
- Reversible up/down buttons and dial knob for volume, frequency, memory channel, scan direction and set mode settings
- Optional new tube earphone, SP-27
- Weather channel receive with weather alert (USA version only)