Whether users are in another room, home or state, the RSBA1 allows users to operate their ham shack with only an IP connection. Version 2 of RSBA1 adds more features to the software, making interoperability between transceivers such as the IC-7610 or the IC-9700 interface simpler. The recent additions include:
- Rx Voice recording function
- [MUTE] button
- RIT tuning knob and ΔTX functions
- SUB dial
- Dualwatch operation and dual spectrum scopes with waterfall functions * can be used on a remote PC (RS-BA1 can be used with single receiver transceivers too).
*Dualwatch and dual spectrum devices are only for the IC-7851, IC-7850 and IC-7610. The spectrum scope functions (single receive) are compatible with the IC-7300 and IC-9700.
Features in Both Version 1 & 2
- Connect with real-time operation with low latency and high quality audio over an IP network.
- Remote power ON/OFF function wakes up the radio from standby mode
- Several separate windows for CW keyer settings, voice memory, SSB passband settings for both transmit and receive, and filter settings.
- Slider control or tuning knob control screens are selectable for RF power, CW pitch, RF gain, and SQL and AF level.
Connecting your Icom Transceiver
- The IC-7610, IC-9700, IC-7851, IC-7700 include built-in network function, therefore only an Ethernet cable is needed.
- Connect the IC-705 to a PC over a local Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the IC-7300, IC-7100 and other units to a PC with a USB cable and the input/output audio signal and CI-V command is sent through the USB cable.
Functions compatibility chart
|Remote Power ON/OFF||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Spectrum Waterfall Scope||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|APF AF Level Adjustment||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|USB Dial with Optional RC-28||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Depending on your transceiver, some functions or modes cannot be used, or you need to update the transceiver’s firmware. Please use the latest firmware version of the transceiver.
Remote Control USB Encoder
The optional RC-28 utilizes the same tuning knob and encoder used on Icom HF radios, providing a tactile option for the RS-BA1 software. The encoder includes a PTT and two user-programmable function keys. The RC-28 is not a standalone control for Icom radios and may only be used with the RS-BA1 software.
Because the system requirements may differ, depending on your PC environment (permanently running software such as antivirus software, peripheral devices, network condition, settings of OS and other software), the operation is not guaranteed.
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.