The MFJ-264 is a dry air-cooled resistive dummy load. This resistor load is capable of handling high short-term RF loads. A reasonable cool down period is needed to keep the resistor from becoming permanently damaged. The cool down period needs to be about 10 to 20 tines the load usage. The load can be temporarily immersed in clean water to speed up cool down tine. Thoroughly dry the load by blowing forced air through it before using it again. Never operate this load while it is immersed in any liquid.
The MFJ-264 is ham radios most versatile 50 Ohm dummy load. It does it all – works with all radios from 1 MHz through 650 MHz and from QRP to the full 1500 Watt legal limit. The MFJ-264 has a SO-239 connector.
You get SWR below 1.3 to 650 MHz and 1.1 at 30 MHz. Handles 100 Watts for 10 minutes, 1500 Watts for 10 seconds. It has a strong lightweight aluminum construction. The MFJ-264 Dry Dummy Load measures 3Wx3Hx9D inches and comes with MFJs famous No Matter What one year limited warranty.
- IMPEDANCE: 50 OHMS VSWR: Less than 1.3:1 at less than 650 MHz
- POWER DISSIPATION: 1500 Watts for less than 10 seconds — 100 Watts for 10 minutes
- VOLTAGE GRADIENT: 10 kV / inch
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: Up to 350C
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 1-650 MHz; usable to 750 MHz