The MFJ-2822 is a universal hitch mount for most light weight HF, VHF, and UHF mobile antennas. It is designed to fit into standard 2 inch receiver hitch that is normally use for towing. A standard 3/8 inch gum drop adapter is pre-mounted so that any ham stick or other antenna with this mount can be attached to the MFJ-2822 and a standard PL-259 can be used for the coax connection. This type of mount makes it easy to attach or remove the antenna with little effort or time. It also provides another mounting option when no other is available.
A second “D” mounting hole is supplied for a VHF/UHF SO-239 connector. Use this option for antennas such as dual band mobiles. Do not attempt to mount two antennas to the MFJ-2822 at the same time. The antennas will be too close together causing power coupling from one to the other that will damage your radio.
- MFJ-2822 slides into your trailer hitch slot and a bolt locks it in place.
- Your trailer hitch mount can hold small, medium and large HF/VHF/UHF antennas — you can even mount the tiny Tarheel Screwdriver HF antenna.
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction.
- Includes large nut and bolt.
- Has SO-239 for VHF/UHF antennas and a 3/8-24 threaded GumDrop connector for HF antennas.
- Removes height restrictions by mounting your antenna at the lowest possible point on your truck or SUV.
- 2W x 2H x 10 1/4D inches.