The TALKABOUT T800 allows you to share and track locations with your travel companions. No cell service, no problem. Just download the TALKABOUT App, connect your smartphone via Bluetooth and you now have the ability to locate a friend’s campsite, share your current location and send messages, all while exploring off-grid. You can also control your radio setting from the TALKABOUT app. Skiing, hunting or at a music festival, the T800 has an IPX4 rating and a range of up to 35 miles* to keep you connected no matter where your adventures lead.
The T800 two-way radio works just like every other radio by sending information using radio frequencies to keep you connected while off-grid. The secret to the T800 is once your smartphone is connected to your radio over Bluetooth, the TALKABOUT smartphone app enables communication options beyond push-to-talk. The TALKABOUT app uses the T800 as a modem to send messages, locations and more over the radio frequencies to your fellow T800 users. With enhanced communication and more information you enjoy unrivaled connectivity for peace of mind off the cellular grid.
* The range in real-life conditions can be reduced from maximum range. The range quoted is based on optimum conditions with an unobstructed line of sight and without electromagnetic interference.
Motorola T800 Performance Characteristics:
- Range: up to 35 miles
- Easy Pairing: Yes
- IP Rating: Weatherproof IPX4
- # of Channels: 22 channels + 121 privacy codes
- NOAA Weather Channel and Alerts: Yes
- Flashlight: Yes
- iVOX/VOX Hands-free: Yes
- Talkabout App Enabled: Yes
- VibraCall™: Yes
- Micro-USB Charging: Yes
- Emergency Alerts: Yes
- Battery Life (alkaline): up to 25 hours
- Battery Life (rechargable NiMH): up to 14 hours
- 2-Year Warranty