The RIGblaster Nomic is a small, simple, rugged and inexpensive sound card interface – perfect for portable or temporary setups.
Compatible with All Manufacturers’ Radios
- Can be used with almost any make or model microphone and most model radios no matter what brand
- Any radio that has a 8 pin round screw on microphone connector
- Any radio that has an RJ45 modular telephone style connector
- Any radio with RJ25 6 wire microphone connector with the purchase of an optional FT100 style 6 wire modular mic. cable
- Any radio with 4 pin round microphone connector with the purchase of a optional 4 pin mic cable
- Supplied with both a standard DB9 RS232 serial cable and USB cable interface (supported for Mac (OS9,10), Linux, Windows (98SE – Windows 10)! May be used old or new computers with your choice of USB or RS232 DB9 serial
- No external power supply necessary so it is great for portable or QRP operation
- Great simple and inexpensive choice for a dedicated Internet link with the EchoLink System
Mic / Keying / Audio
- Properly matched and RF suppressed audio for your radio
- Fully isolated transmit audio and PTT keying, unlike other interfaces that have little or no isolation
- Easier hookup thanks to our fully isolated audio and computer keying circuits
- Positive and fully automatic PTT control supported almost 100 ham programs, no illegal or spurious signals due to built in sound card VOX operation
- Assembled in USA to IPC-610 manufacturing standards
- Printed circuit board uses FR4 material, double sided, plated through holes, solder mask over bare copper, silk screened
- Enclosure: .062 aluminum, polyurethane painted, silk screen labeling front and back
- 3M Bumpon™ protective feet and 3M™ adhesive pads are provided for mounting
- Stainless steel hardware throughout including PEM™ threaded mounting standoffs
EchoLink is a registered trademark of Synergetics, LLC
This product has been tested to comply with Part 15 of the FCC rules for a Class B computer peripheral and digital device for use in the home and office. This testing is done to ensure the product does not generate RF interference.
The Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 PC device drivers supplied with the Serial to USB adapter cable for this product have passed Microsoft WHQL testing and are certified. Using certified drivers simplifies the driver installation process and ensures the driver is not going to crash or otherwise damage the PC configuration. The Windows 98 and 2000 drivers are supported.
This product is fully enclosed in a metal case and has passed testing at West Mountain Radio to show high immunity to RF interference from amateur radio equipment. This ensures that in a typical station the RF field will not corrupt data transfer.
Audio quality testing on this product has shown it to perform excellent with audio signals from 300 to 5000 hz. This demonstrates a low level of distortion for both data and voice.
This product has full D.C. isolation on critical circuitry/connections to prevent ground loops and hum pickup.
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.
The sound card audio is isolated from ground using an audio transformer. A high grade DC blocking capacitor on the sound card to mic. output is provided for use with radios that are designed for use with amplified or electret microphones. An opto-isolator provides fully isolated PTT control or CW keying.
Unlike the RIGblaster Pro, Plus II and Plus, which use relays for PTT keying, the Nomic’s opto-isolator will not safely key an older tube rig. The CW keying and PTT keying circuits are only designed to work with modern solid state radios.