The Whistler TRX-2 is a desktop/mobile multi-system adaptive Digital tracking trunking scanner with Motorola TRBO, DMR, P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA and Phase II capabilities.
All USA/Canada services and frequencies are pre-programmed onto the included SD card making it ready to use out of the box; it can even be programmed by entering your ZIP code. This model features a removable front control panel with cable and mounting plate, an easy to use navigation with a multifunction keypad, a PC program for easy customization and includes USB cable and PC software. It also has Virtual Scanner mode that can store 200 various scanner configurations. The WS1095 permits recording by scannable object; saves into a Windows compatible audio file. The clock and calendar function adds date/time info to the recordings. The dedicated Skywarn/Weather button allows quick access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks and NOAA weather reports. Additionally, this model features Whistler’s Spectrum Sweeper and a programmable audio and visual alert system.
TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio Features:
- Easy to Understand User Interface – A simplified keypad and display with familiar Scan, Pause, Skip and Navigation controls make it easy for you to use your WS1095. Behind the scenes, Whistler’s exclusive Object Oriented database runs the show, with support for millions of stored objects, limited only by SD Card capacity.
- The Complete RadioReference USA and Canada Database On Standard SD Card – The entire USA and Canada databases from www.radioreference.com are stored on a standard SD Card that is included with the WS1095, giving you access to the most comprehensive radio data available without connecting the WS1095 to a computer or the Internet! Free downloads of updated database, CPU and DSP firmware.
- Improved P25 Functionality – The WS1095 detects and masks digital voice audio, and decodes RadioID/TalkgroupID data embedded in voice packets.
- Upgradeable CPU Firmware, DSP Firmware and Library – Keep your radio’s CPU and DSP firmware and RadioReference library current with enhancements and updates as they become available with free upgrades!
- SD Card – Uses an industry standard SD Card to store the RadioReference data library and all of your programming – capacity for millions of stored objects! Supports cards up to 32 GB
- Full USB Interface – Industry standard Composite Device USB interface with USB Mass Storage Device (MSD) and Serial Data (CDC) support. Access the SD Card without removing it from the radio, stream decoded Control Channel data and upgrade your radio’s firmware over USB. Mini USB cable included.
- Powerful WS1095 PC Application Software Included – Customize existing programming or add new objects to scan, and keep your WS1095 firmware and Library data up to date.
- SKYWARN Storm Spotter Functionality – Instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. You can monitor storm conditions as they occur, and become aware of dangerous conditions before the media or emergency management officials are able to announce them to the general public.
- SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting – The WS1095 features a Dedicated SAME Weather Alert Receiver mode, alerting you to severe weather and other hazards in the specific area(s) that you select, or, the WS1095 can check your local NOAA weather frequency periodically, even while scanning, and alert you when an All Hazards alert occurs.
- Multi-System Trunking – Scans most common analog trunked radio system signaling formats, including P25, Motorola, EDACS and LTR. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported.
- Powerful Spectrum Sweeper – Quickly sweeps the WS1095’s frequency ranges for transmissions from nearby sources. When a nearby transmission is found, the WS1095 automatically tunes to that frequency and receives the traffic. Lock out found frequencies and continue searching the same band.
- 200 Scanlists – The WS1095 provides the unprecedented ability to group your stored objects using up to 200 Scanlists plus a special Skywarn scanlist. Objects can be mapped to as many Scanlists as desired, giving you complete flexibility for grouping objects and selecting groups in any combination for scanning.
- Scan Sets – Scan Sets expand the functionality of Scanlists by allowing you to define different combinations of enabled Scanlists as Scan Sets, then you can select one or more Scan Sets for scanning using a simple menu system. With Scanlists and Scan Sets you have unlimited possibilities for grouping, enabling and disabling objects for scanning.
- Expanded V-Scanner II Storage System – With the expanded V-Scanner II (VS-II) storage system, you can use the WS1095 PC Application to save up to 200 V-Scanner configurations on the SD Card, which can be recalled at any time in the field using the radio’s keypad.
- Audio Recording – Record received audio from selected objects and searches to the SD card. Replay recorded audio using powerful built-in playback system or transfer to PC for playback and archiving. Record up to 100 hours of audio on the 4 GB SD card
- Built-In Clock/Calendar – Date and time stamp recorded audio files.
- Built-in Service Searches – Predefined service search ranges make it easy to find activity in your area.
- Whislter’s Exclusive Alert LED – Programmable tri-color LED displays thousands of colors that can be used to indicate different types of activity or activity on special channels. Program color sequences with multiple colors for special alerts, even emulate the red/blue strobe of police vehicles.
- Audible Alarms – Programmable audible alarms can be configured to sound when certain objects are active.
- Programmable Backlight and Alert LED Flash Patterns – The backlight can be programmed to flash with custom flash patterns when certain objects are active, providing another way alerting the operator when important radio traffic is present.
- Signal Strength Meter – Shows relative strength of received signals. Slim, compact case design with textured exterior finish and large speaker – Designed for durability and ease of use.