12.5 kHz C4FM/FDMA 144/430MHz Dual Band Digital Mobile Transceiver
Now with improved GPS!
A built-in 3.5-inch TFT full color touch panel high resolution display provides excellent operability and visibility. The icon symbols, multi-function key display and pop-up messages are all displayed in high-resolution color thanks to the full-color, high luminance TFT liquid crystal screen. The settings and status of the wireless devices are displayed in an easy-to-understand format. You can perform various function operations simply and easily by gently touching the screen. Even taking snapshots and immediately sending them over your FTM-400XDR is easy! Simply connect an MH-85A11U (option) microphone with camera. Press the microphone shutter button to take snapshots, and then the image data can be displayed on the screen, and easily sent to other C4FM FDMA digital transceivers.
The most attractive benefit of digital communication is its ability to transfer large amounts of data. The new FTM-400XDR uses 12.5 kHz C4FM FDMA digital modulation mode to enable high speed data communication handling capability and reliable voice communication with strong error correction performance.
The new FTM-400XDR provides 4 modes, V/D mode, Voice FR mode, Data FR mode and Analog FM mode.
- V/D mode is Voice and Data communication in the same time frame. Stable and reliable digital voice and data communications are maintained using extraordinarily strong error correction capabilities. This mode will be the basic mode of C4FM FDMA Digital HAM radio.
- Voice FR mode uses the full rate of data capacity for voice data. This mode enables you to transfer clear,high quality voice data.
- Data FR mode uses the full rate of data capacity for transfering data. This mode enables you to transfer large amounts of data, text messages, images, and voice memo data with double speed in V/D mode.
- Analog FM mode is effective when weak signal strength causes audio drop out in the digital mode, and enables communication up to the borderline of the noise level.
The new FTM-400XDR includes an Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function to identify these 4 modes and select them automatically when the radio receives a signal. We included additional features in the FTM-400XDR to make it standard digital communication equipment for all Amateur Radio operators such as Smart Navigation and Digital Group Monitor using position data and ID data transmitting during communication.
Digital and Analog FM Capable
There is no to lose communications with friends who have not yet chosen to transition to Digital. The FTM-400XDR performs perfectly well using both Analog FM and C4FM Digital.
- Case Size:
- Radio Unit 5.5″(W) x 1.6″(H) x 4.9″(D) w/o Fan
- Controller 5.5″(W) x 2.8″(H) x 0.8″(D) (140 x 72 x 20mm) w/o Knob
- Weight: Approx. 2.64 lbs with Radio Unit, Controller, Control Cable
Big Beautiful Display
Enjoy the easy of operation that comes from the FTM-400 big 3.5-inch full color and its touch panel operation. The icon symbols, multi-function key display and pop-up messages are all displayed in high-resolution color thanks to the full-color, high luminance TFT liquid crystal screen. The settings and status of the wireless devices are displayed in an easy-to-understand format. You can perform various operations simply and easily by gently touching the screen.
Screen options include:
- Band Scope Screen
- Altitude Screen
- APRS® Screen
- Smart Navigation Screen
- Frequency Direct Input Screen
- Clock / Timer Screen
Rugged Powerful Transmitter
Transmitter RF Power Output: 50 W / 20 W / 5 W. Modulation Type: F1D, F2D, F3E: Variable Reactance Modulation, F7W: 4FSK (C4FM)
High Audio Output Power
Loud 3 Watt Audio Outputs with the internal speaker. 8 Watt output using Optional External Speaker (MLS-200-M10)
- 108 – 137 MHz (Air Band)
- 137 – 174 MHz (144 MHz HAM)
- 174 – 400 MHz (GEN1)
- 400 – 480 MHz (430 MHz HAM)
- 480 – 999.99 MHz (GEN2) Cellular Blocked (North American model)
- 144 – 146 MHz or 144 – 148 MHz
- 430 – 440 MHz or 430 – 450 MHz
1200/9600bps APRS® (Automatic Packet Reporting System) Data communication capability included.
The FTM-400XDR is cross-band capable when in Analog mode; a very important feature for emergency situations, etc
Built-in GPS receiver and antenna provides location, time, direction and APRS® information. A GPS Logging Function is included. External GPS devices can be connected.
Law abiding (where required) Hands-free operation is available by using the optional wireless Bluetooth® unit and headset. Optional Bluetooth® unit (BU-2) and Headset (BH-2A) are required.
Snapshot Function (Image Data Transmission)
Simply connect an MH-85A11U (option) microphone with camera. Press the microphone shutter button to take snapshots, and then the image data can be displayed on the screen, and easily sent to other C4FM FDMA digital transceivers.
Image data which was sent from a group member is displayed on the full-color screen. This image data also retains a time record and the GPS location data of the snapshot. It is easy to navigate to that pictured location by using back track function. In addition, you can observe on the screen, whether or not transmitted data was successfully received by the member station. The snapshot image or received data is stored in a high capacity micro SD card. You can recall and send that image data from the SD card anytime. The pictures and data files may be easily viewed and edited by using a personal computer.
* Micro SD card (not included) is required for the Snapshot function
Digital Group Monitor (GM) Function
The digital GM function automatically checks whether members registered to a group are within the communication range, and displays information such as the distance and orientation for each call sign on the screen. This useful function not only enables you to see which friends are within communication range, it also permits you to see at a glance where all group members are located. Additionally, this function can be used to send messages and image data between group members. The Digital Group Monitor applies to direct communications between members; it is not applicable through a repeater.
This is valuable feature for public service group activities, Search & Rescue operations, and any number of other uses limited only by your imagination!
Smart Navigation Function
Real-time navigation function enables location checking at any time. In digital V/D mode, information such as position data is transmitted together with voice signals so the distance and direction to the other stations can be displayed in real-time while communicating with them.
The Backtrack Function enables navigation to a registered location at the touch of a button. When hiking or camping, simply register your starting point or campsite before departure, and the distance and orientation from the current location are displayed on the screen.
This is valuable feature for Search & Rescue operations as well as casual hiking and camping.
Voice Guide and Recording Function
Optional Voice Guide Unit (FVS-2) announces your current operating frequency, band change and APRS® messages. You can record up to 5 minutes of received signals, or continuously record the last 30 seconds of received audio.
Other Useful Features
- Real-time Band Scope with uninterrupted RX audio
- 500 Memory Channels for each A(Main) band and B(Sub) band
- Storage of the Memory channels and personal settings on an inserted micro SD card
- By using a micro SD card, it is easy to copy and transfer the radio data to other compatible radios
- Versatile Scanning Receiver for Monitoring Enthusiasts (VFO Scan, Memory Scan, etc)
- Analog and Digital Clock
- Timer function: Event timer with Lap or count down functions