DeLorme Earthmate PN-60
Discontinued. Browse our selection of other great handheld GPS units >>
The Earthmate PN-60 delivers next-generation GPS capabilities along with the exclusive DeLorme PN-Series ability to display multiple types of maps and aerial imagery.
You can also view cutaway elevation profiles with your position pinpointed, send .gpx files to an SD card, to vastly expand storage for waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches; rely on the icon-based interface to easily navigate among the PN-60's map and function screens; stretch your battery life with the new Power Management System, including ambient light sensor; and enjoy high-end GPS features including 3-axis electronic compass, barometric altimeter, paperless geocaching, 32-channel GPS chipset, WAAS, and much more.
The PN-60 is easy to use with an intuitive icon-based screen interface; it has a reliable, ergonomic push-button interface for one-handed use; and, it displays DeLorme’s market-leading map and aerial imagery options, now including Digital Globe.
PN-60 Product Summary
- Intuitive icon-based user interface for easy on-device navigation
- Elevation profile cutaway views that pinpoint the user’s position
- GPX file exchange (waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches) to SD card for ease and flexibility in archiving collected GPS data
- 3.5 GB of user-available Flash memory
- Latest DeLorme power management system with ambient light sensor for optimal battery life
Powerful GPS Performance Features
- High-sensitivity 32-channel STMicroelectronics Cartesio chipset and DeLorme ConstantLock™ for quick satellite acquisition and reliable signal retention
- DeLorme predictive GPS calculates satellite positions for near instantaneous acquisition
- Dual-core processor for blazing-fast performance
- 3-axis electronic compass performs with the PN-60 held in any position
- Sensitive barometric altimeter for highly-accurate reliable altitude readings
- 65K bright-color TFT screen for clarity in any light conditions
- On-device road routing
- SDHC support up to 32 GB
- Support for paperless geocaching
- WAAS-enabled accuracy (to within 3 meters)
- Holds 1,000 user-defined waypoints (including geocaches), 50 routes, and 10 tracks; GPX support for sending unlimited numbers of each to SD card
Whatever your preferred activity, you’ll never have to settle for just one map. Find your position on up-to-date DeLorme Topo North America maps (included). Navigate worry-free with complete U.S. topographic detail, extensive trail coverage, U.S. and Canada streets, roads, and places of interest including campgrounds, boat launch sites, unique natural features, prime hunting and fishing spots.
The PN-60 comes with up-to-date DeLorme Topo North America map detail included, both on PN-Series Map DVDs (Mac-compatible) for transfer to the GPS, and in a PC desktop software program. Also includes MapPack including all of the 1:50k Canadian Topo maps!
For more variety and detail, a low cost subscription to the unique DeLorme Map Library entitles you to unlimited amounts of high-resolution U.S. color aerial imagery, USGS 1:24,000 topo quads, 1:50,000 Canada topos, and NOAA nautical charts. For additional color aerial imagery of the U.S. and the world, Digital Globe data – the same imagery used by Google Maps and major news organizations – is available via premium subscription and a la carte purchase. You can also get a la carte downloads from the DeLorme World Base Map, offering consistent global detail including topography, land cover, place names, major roads, and more.
Full Range of GPS Capabilities for All Popular Outdoor Activities
The PN-60 supports all popular outdoor activities. Features include a highly-accurate 3-axis electronic compass that works when held in any position, moving on foot or standing still. For traveling in elevation, there is an elevation profile tool that pinpoints your location and a sensitive barometric altimeter for precise elevation readings and the ability to gauge potential weather changes. These elevation features are particularly useful for hikers, climbers, and hunters. The ability to display NOAA nautical charts make the PN-60 a valuable navigator for sea kayaking and coastal sailing.
The PN-60 fully supports paperless geocaching, and offers almanac pages with information on tides, hunting and fishing favorability, and sunrise/sunset and moon phases.
DeLorme has devoted significant resources toward offering a rewarding geocaching experience. In addition to the unique value of available aerial imagery, the PN-60 delivers a wide range of paperless geocaching capabilities.
Individual caches can be downloaded, with all information included, from Geocaching.com. The PN-60 and Topo USA also support imports of high volume Pocket Queries from Geocaching.com, and they allow virtually unlimited cache description character counts, so you’ll have all the information you need on the device, including other cachers’ log notes.
The optional DeLorme Cache Register download delivers enhanced paperless geocaching functions. Sync your Pocket Query search results directly to the PN-60, and sync your user logs and other cache details to Geocaching.com.
Customize the PN-60 to meet your needs
You can customize the PN-60’s Information Page for your trip so that everything you want to know is all on one screen – time or distance to next turn or finish (if navigating on a route), distance traveled (odometer), trip time, speed, battery life, GPS accuracy, and much more.
You can also create custom set-ups for quick access to the PN-60 screens and features you want for your favorite activities
Effortless track, waypoint, and route management
A green arrow shows your location on the screen map, and points in your direction of travel. For screen orientation, you can select north up, course up, or heading up. The PN-60 will automatically collect a track as you travel. You can save the collected track, use it to create a route, and (when you’re back home) convert it to a routable road or trail within Topo USA.
Create waypoints with the click of a button, select from a vast menu of symbol options for the appropriate waypoint icon and add descriptive comments.
With the PN-60’s search capability, you can locate cities and towns, roads, trails, natural features, points of interest including businesses, restaurants, campgrounds, and much more; any search result can be saved as a waypoint.
Create road routes or direct point-to-point routes on the device, or easily import road or trail routes from Topo USA. When navigating on a route, the PN-60 emits audible turn alerts (your choice of numerous sounds – ring, beep, whistle, etc.).
|PN-60 Hardware Specifications
||2.43" W x 5.25" H x 1.5" D
||Sharp high-resolution 2.2" 65K-color Transflective TFT color display (220 x 176 pixels)
||5.35 ounces; with Li-Ion rechargeable battery: 6.7 oz; with alkaline AA batteries: 7.00 oz
||yes (IPX-7 waterproof standard, impact-resistant rubberized housing )
||Super high-sensitivity 32-channel Cartesio chipset by STMicroelectronics for rapid signal acquisition and ConstantLock satellite retention, even in challenging GPS environments
||Sensitive barometric altimeter for reliably accurate altitude readings
||3-axis electronic compass with included accelerometer performs when held in any position – while in motion or standing still
||3.5GB MB available internal Flash memory (500MB user-available)
||Supports SDHC high-capacity SD-cards – up to 32 GB
||2 AA batteries (included)
||Hot Start: 5-6 seconds
||Warm Start: < 45 seconds
||Cold Start: < 60 seconds
||Update rate: 1/second, continuous
||Position: < 15 meters, 95% typical; Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
||Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical
|Routes & tracks:
||Holds up to 10 tracks (10,000 points per track), 1,000 user-defined waypoints, and 50 routes; endlessly expandable via GPX transfer to SD cards
System Requirements for Delorme Topo North America 9.0
• Microsoft Window 7 (all versions) with 1GB of RAM (2+ GB recommended)
• Windows Vista® (all versions) with 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
• Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later) with 512 MB RAM (1+ GB recommended)
• Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
• 1.5 GHz or higher processor, Pentium 4, Athlon 64 or later
• 2 GB of available hard-disk space (8 GB if all map data for North America is loaded to hard drive)
• DVD-ROM Drive
• 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
For GPS Use
• Compatibel with any DeLorme Earthmate GPS receiver
• Compatible with Intel-based Macintosh computers running Boot Camp® for Windows XP/Vista/7
• Earthmate PN-60 GPS
• Topo North America 9.0
• MapPack including all of the 1:50k Canadian Topo maps
• 5 regional discs of pre-cut PN-series maps
• User manual
• Quick start guide
• 2 Energizer e2 lithium AA batteries
• USB data-transfer for PC-GPS data exchanges
• Certificate for $40.00 worth or aerial imagery of other supplementary data downloads
• A sturdy, convenient neck lanyard