GTU 10 GPS Tracker
Discontinued. Browse our selection of other great tracking GPS units >>
Track What’s Important
GTU 10 is a GPS locator that combines a web-based tracking service with GPS technology so you can keep watch on children, pets and property.
How It Works
The GTU 10 is small, lightweight and waterproof. It easily attaches to a backpack, pet collar or whatever is important to you.
When you purchase a new GTU 10, it comes with 1 year of Standard Tracking (coverage dependent on GSM wireless service within the U.S. or Canada), so you’ll be ready to go once you register and activate it in your Garmin account.
Then, you can view the location of your GTU 10 on a map from the friendly confines of your computer. For an added level of convenience, you can download the free Garmin Tracker™ app for your mobile device to compare your current location to the direction and location of your GTU 10. For the ability to automatically route to your GTU 10, you can use a Garmin nüLink!™ device.
Using your computer or mobile device, you can also:
- Create up to 10 geofences (virtual boundaries) for your device. When your GTU 10 enters or exits a geofence, we can send you an email or text message notification.
- View track history of where your GTU 10 has been.
- Customize device settings for optimal performance, including low battery/powered off notifications to let you know when it’s time to recharge or when the device has been turned off.
Easy to Use
- Attach your GTU 10 to what you want to track.
- Your GTU 10 enters or exits a geofence that you set up.
- We notify you with an email or text message.
- You can also locate your GTU 10 on your computer or mobile device.
Make It Yours
The features of the GTU 10 are so flexible, allowing you to use it to fit your lifestyle.
- Travelers: Locate luggage and belongings so nothing gets left behind or lost.
- Parents: Track your children on their way to school to make sure they arrive safely.
- Pet owners: Receive notifications when your pet exits a geofence so you can go track it down.
- Runners: Let friends or family track your whereabouts on your daily run, or your progress on race day.
GTU 10 Features:
- small, lightweight and waterproof
- high-sensitivity GPS
- 1 year of Standard Tracking included*
- U.S. or Canadian national coverage, GSM wireless connection**
- locate devices on demand using your computer or mobile device
- set up to 10 geofences and receive text message or email notifications upon entry/exit
- customizable device settings, including low battery/powered off notifications
- allow family members and friends to receive notifications
- access 7 days of location/track history with Deluxe Tracking***
- innovative “follow” feature – continuously navigate to last known GTU 10 location using a Garmin nüLink! device (sold separately)
- built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery****
- up to 4 week battery life
- option to automatically renew services upon expiration
- no early termination fees
- no activation fees
- no contracts
Basic Service Plan Enhancements:
- NEW! get 24-hour tracklog access as opposed to just the 10 last tracklog points
- NEW! Poor Acquisition Support: Useful when GPS fix is difficult to obtain. Uses cell tower triangulation to provide approximate location1
- NEW! Custom Battery Alerts: User selectable levels for when battery alerts are sent. Two selectable levels (Low & Critical)
- NEW! External Power Lost Alerts: Device sends an alert when external power is disconnected. Optional alert, similar to low battery alerts. Useful to determine if device’s backup power is lost.
Deluxe Service Plan Enhancements:
- NEW! Continuous Tracking: Device self reports location every 15 seconds for up to 5 hours
- NEW! Follow Me Invitations: Device owner can invite others to view a continuous tracking session (such as a running or bike race)2
- NEW! Scheduled Queries: User can schedule time for the device to wake up and report back its location.
- NEW! Speed Alerts: Receive an alert when a user-selected speed is exceeded3
These free software updates are availble to existing GTU users. Simply plug your GTU unit into a computer via USB and run Garmin WebUpdater, then follow the on-screen instructions. When tracking with a smart phone, download the latest version of the Garmin Tracker app to access these exciting new features.
*Standard tracking plan includes first year of service free, $49.99 per year thereafter. Billed through your myGarmin account.
**Use of an external SIM is not supported.
***Deluxe tracking plan, $4.99 per month through myGarmin required to track up to 7 days.
****Device charged via standard 5V USB or with accessories purchased separately.
1 Not used in determining geofence breaches.
2 Legally Garmin requires the device owner to carry the device during a Follow Me session.
3 Requires device to be attached to external power.
Check out the mini site!