MSC 10 Marine Satellite Compass
KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU'RE HEADED
Get reliable, accurate heading information with the easy-to-install GPS-based MSC 10 marine satellite compass.
MSC 10 SATELLITE COMPASS FEATURES:
MULTI-BAND GNSS AND MULTI-CONSTELLATION
The multi-band GNSS (L1 and L5 GPS) and multi-constellation (GPS, Galileo1, GLONASS and BeiDou1) receiver delivers precise positioning2.
BOAT HEAVE AND MORE
Get reliable, accurate boat heave, pitch and roll information — even in rough waters.
BUILT-IN ATTITUDE HEADING REFERENCE SYSTEM (AHRS)
With a fully integrated attitude and heading reference system for better GPS heading at all speeds, including pitching in rough seas, taking sharp turns or standing still.
ACCURATE HEADING DATA
Multiple receivers deliver heading accuracy within 2 degrees. Because it uses satellite signals, you don’t have to worry about magnetic interference.
PRIMARY SENSOR ACROSS MULTIPLE SYSTEMS
You can use MSC 10 as the primary sensor for autopilots and other onboard systems that need accurate heading information.
NMEA 2000® NETWORK COMPATIBLE
Get heading, pitch, roll and heave information delivered straight to your compatible Garmin chartplotter via the NMEA 2000 network.
EASY TO INSTALL
This compact device is simple to install and easily integrates into your Garmin marine ecosystem.
10 HZ UPDATE RATE
Get better, more detailed tracking information, thanks to the 10 Hz position update rate.
BACKUP HEADING SENSOR
In the extremely rare case that you lose satellite signal, MSC 10 will seamlessly transition from GPS-based to magnetometer-based heading3.
1 Supported when available
2 < 1 meter CEP, < 3 meters 95%
3 Magnetometer calibration required for backup magnetic heading support
MSC 10 Marine Satellite Compass Specifications:
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 6.1” x 13.1” x 3.0” (155.5 x 333.6 x 76.2 mm)
- Weight: 28.6 oz (810 g)
- Cable length: 19 ft 8 in (6 m)
- Temperature range: 5° to 158° F (-15° to 70° C)
- Case material: Glue sealed, high-impact plastic alloy; waterproof to IPX7
- Compass-safe distance: 0" (0 mm)
- Power source input: 9-16 Vdc, unregulated
- Input current: 180 mA at 12 Vdc
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalency Number (LEN): 6 (300 mA max)
- Position accuracy, typical marine use: < 1 meter CEP, < 3 meters, 95%
- Heading accuracy: 2° RMS
- Heave accuracy: 8 cm RMS
In the Box:
• MSC-10 Marine Satellite Compass
• Pole mount
• Mounting hardware
• NMEA 2000 backbone/drop cable (6 m)
• NMEA 2000 T-connector
Click here for a complete list of compatible devices >>