Vexilar FL-8 SE Genz Pack
Years in making, this now classic design has been improved even more by ice fishing legend Dave Genz. Dave has made his "Blue Box" nearly indestructible to last for years of hard use. He then re-sized and balanced the battery storage compartment and built a universal tranducer holder system. The "Blue Box" can also accept the full line of Vexilar accessories like the T-130 or D-130 battery status indicators, flexible night light or even a Dual Beam Ice-ducer transducer. The "Blue Box" fits on top of a five gallon bucket for easy access and handling while fishing.
We stock model FL-8 SE w/19o Ice-ducer. This Genz Pack comes with a 7 amp hour 12 volt battery and charger, transducer and FL-8 SE flasher. It is vexilar model GP0819.
Features of the FL-8 SE Genz Packs include the following:
The FL-8 SE is the world's most-popular three color flasher. The hallmark of the FL-8 SE is its bright, three color display. It presents bottom contours and types, vegetation, structure, fish, and bait fish in a multiple color display. The colors indicate the signal strength of the return echoes. Strong echoes are displayed as red marks, weak echoes are shown as green, and medium strength echoes are orange. The multiple color display gives you a great advantage over any single color depth sounder. The ability to instantly spot and identify bottom and fish targets have proven to be simply revolutionary to the world of modern day ice fishing.
- Transducer support eye-bolt
- Specially designed base fits on top of five gallon bucket
- Pre-drilled holes for optional accessories
- Built-in transducer holder fits all sizes of Ice-Ducers
- Easy access semi-closed battery compartment
- Large cable storage compartment
- Free intructional DVD
Effective for both summer and winter use, the FL-8 SE has a built-in Interference Rejection switch as well a six depth range settings that let you fish down to 120 feet. Exclusive interference rejection technology lets you fish side by side with almost any flasher, LCR, LCD or graph with interference-free operation. The eight step adjustable switch lets you knock out interference between you and another depth finder. FL-8 SE anglers can even fish two depth finders in the same ice shelter or boat. It allows you to have two FL-8s close together on a boat or in a fish house without the annoying interference.
A 400-Watt transmitter and an ultra-sensitive receiver back the vivid display. It is easily sensitive enough to read the thermocline and plankton layers. The colors and high sensitivity also make finding changes in bottom content easy. And ice fishermen know the FL-8 SE has become famous for its ability to see small baits at deep depths.
Features of the FL-8 SE flasher include include the following:
Additional specifications of the FL-8 SE:
- High Resolution Display - High speed, 525 bit, three color LED display. A backlit depth scale display for easy visibility in low light conditions
- Three Color Signal Indication - Red indicates a strong signal, orange indicates a medium signal, and green indicates a weak signal
- Six Depth Scales - 0-20', 0-30', 0-40', 0-60', 0-80', and 0-120'
- Exclusive Interference Rejection technology - Use the IR circuitry to knock out interference from other, close by electronics. There are 10 different IR settings
- Power and Sensitivity - Hi Power, 200 kHz, 400 watts peak-to-peak, transmit and ultra sensitive receiver separates targets to as close as 1"
- Adjustable sensitivity control
- Weatherproof high impact case
- Power output: 400 watts peak-to-peak (50 watts RMS)
- Frequency: 200 kHz
- Current draw: 200 MA
- Display resolution: 525 segments
- Power consumption: 275 MA at 12V DC
- Unit dimensions: 4.4" high x 6" wide x 2.5" deep
- Unit weight: 1.1 pound
- Manufacturer's warranty: 2 years
In the Box:
• Vexilar FL-8 SE flasher/fishfinder
• 9amp-hour, 12V battery
• Fully automatic charger
• Vexilar Ice Ducer and float
• Weatherproof high impact case
• FL-8 SE Instructional DVD