C4FM FDMA / FM 144/430 MHz Dual Band 5W Handheld Transceiver
ETA: Mid January, 2022
The new FT-70DR is a compact and very attractively priced YAESU System Fusion transceiver providing both conventional analog FM operation and the advanced C4FM Digital mode. The FT-70DR provides up to 5W of reliable RF power, and its large Front Speaker delivers 700mW of Loud Audio Output. Because C4FM has better BER (Bit Error Rate) characteristics than other digital modulations, the user can expect exceptional audio quality.
The new digital FT-70DR includes Yaesu's unique Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function. AMS detects the operating mode of the received signal as C4FM digital or analog FM, and then automatically and instantly switches the receiver to the appropriate mode. Users do not need to manually change between modes. The multi-colored LED Mode-Indicator displayed on the front allows the operator to easily see what mode the FT-70DR is in at any given moment. LED Mode-Indicator clearly and visibly shows the transmit/ receive mode by changing its color so that the operating mode of the transceiver is easily recognized at a glance.
One of the other distinguishing features of the FT-70DR is Digital Group Monitor (GM) with DG-ID (Digital Group Identification) and DP-ID (Digital Personal Identification) now included in the FT-70DR, to simplify the GM operation. Simply put, the transceivers selecting the same DG-ID or DP-ID can communicate with each other. Between 00 and 99 DG-ID and DP-ID are selectable which provides loads of flexibility so that users can enjoy group communication with friends in GM mode in accordance to their individual operational needs.
Commercial Grade VHF / UHF
The FT-70DR is built to commercial grade standards, including the IP54 Rating for Dust and Water protection, making this radio suitable for operation in the harshest of environments.
Wide band receive coverage
108 MHz - 580 MHz, continuous reception for aircraft bands, public service channels, etc.
Versatile Scanning Capabilities
Programmable VFO Scan, scans all channels in the desired frequency range, Memory scan allows scanning of user selectable frequencies, Priority Channel Scan can be used to scan memory channels while making one channel a priority. Weather Alert scan alerts the user when severe weather is approaching.
Automatic Mode Select (AMS)
The Automatic Mode Select function detects the receive signal mode. The transceiver automatically selects one of the four communication modes according to the signal received. This is extremely convenient when listening for communications, as you do not need to be aware of the other party’s communication mode. The transceiver can also be operated in a fixed communication mode.
More Advanced Features
Other advanced features include: External DC Jack for DC Supply Operation and to Charge the Battery, Mini USB port for convenient programming and software updates, CTCSS/ DCS Operation, Automatic Power Off (APO)
feature, RF Squelch, Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT) and Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO).
- System Fusion Compatible
- FM Friendly Digital Operation with AMS (Automatic Mode Select)
- Sophisticated C4FM Digital Functions : Digital Group Monitor (GM) / DG-ID (Digital Group Identification), DP-ID (Digital Personal Identification0 Operation
- 5 Watts of Reliable RF Power inside a Compact body
- 700 mW Loud Audio Output and Clear Voice
- Large Multi-Color Mode Indicator
- Rugged Construction Meets IP54 (Dust / Water protection)
- Huge 1,105 Channel Memory
- Wide Band Receive Coverage 108 - 579.995 MHz
- Versatile Scanning Capabilities: Programmed VFO Scan, Memory Scan, Priority Channel Scan
- WX Channels with "Severe Weather" Alert (US version)
- 7.4 V 1,800 mAh Lithium Ion Battery pack (SBR-24LI) Included
- Equipped with External DC Jack for DC Supply and Battery Charge
- Equipped with Mini USB port for Convenient Memory Management and Software updates
- Transceiver-to-Transceiver Cloning with Optional Cloning Cable (CT-27)
- CTCSS/DCS Operation
- RF Squelch
- Automatic Power-Off (APO) Feature
- Transmitter Time-Out-Timer (TOT)
- Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO)
Frequency Ranges: RX 108 - 137 MHz (Air Band)
137 - 174 MHz (144 MHz HAM)
174 - 222 MHz (VHF1)
222 - 420 MHz (VHF2)
420 - 470 MHz (430 MHz HAM)
470 - 579.995 MHz (UHF band)
TX 144 - 148 MHz
430 - 450 MHz
Circuit Type: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne
Modulation Type: F2D, F3E, F7W
RF Power Output: 5 W/2 W/0.5 W (@7.4 V or EXT DC)
AF Audio Output: 700 mW (@16 ohms 10 % THD: Internal speaker)
Case Size (W x H x D): 2.36” x 3.86” x 1.3” (60 x 98 x 33 mm) w/o Knob and Antenna
Weight: 8.99 oz (255 g) with SBR-24LI and Antenna
Warranty: 3 Years
Until Jan 31, 2022
• 7.4 V 1,800 mAh Lithium Ion Battery Pack (SBR-24LI)
• Battery Charger (SAD-18B)
• Belt Clip
• USB Cable
• Operating Manual
• Warranty Card