6W HF/VHF/UHF All-mode Portable Amateur Transceiver
Save until January 31, 2021!
The FT-818ND continues all the great features of the FT-817ND and adds these enhancements:
Power increased to 6 watts.
TCXO-9 high-stability oscillator built in.
SBR-32MH 9.6 Volt 1900 mAh NiMH high capacity battery.
The new FT-818 incorporates all the many basic and attractive features of the ever-popular FT-817ND while providing upgrades desired by many existing owners. The FT-818 provides 6W of solid output power with an external DC power source. The supplied Ni-MH battery pack (SBR-32MH) has been upgraded to now provide larger battery capacity - 9.6v/ 1900mAh. The recent launch of several new satellites is a certain indicator that the large global community of satellite enthusiast are going to be very delighted to learn that the FT-818 includes a Built-in TCXO-9 oscillator that gives the FT-818 fantastic frequency stability (±0.5ppm).
• TX Frequency Coverage: 160 - 10 Meters, 50 MHz, 144 MHz, 430-450 MHz, plus Alaska Emergency Channel (5167.5 kHz).
• RX Frequency Coverage: 100 kHz - 56 MHz; 76 - 154 MHz; 420 - 470 MHz.
• Power Output: 6 Watts SSB/CW/FM with 13.8V External DC; 2 Watts AM Carrier. 2.5 Watts SSB/CW/FM with 9.6V Ni-Cd Pack or 8 "AA" batteries (AM: 0.7 Watt), Up to 5 Watts SSB/CW/FM power (max.) programmable via Menu on Ni-Cd/AA cells.
• Operating Modes: USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM, W-FM, Digital (AFSK), Packet (1200/9600 FM).
• Digital Modes: RTTY, PSK31-U, PSK31-L, and User defined USB/LSB (SSTV, Pactor, etc.).
• Case Size: 5.31 x 1.5 x 6.5 inches (WHD)
• Weight: 2.6 lbs. (with Alkalines and Antenna, w/o Mic.).
• Two-Color LCD Multi-function Display (Blue/Amber).
• Bar-Graph Metering of Power Output, ALC, SWR, Modulation.
• Optional Narrow CW and SSB Filters.
• AGC Fast-Slow-Auto-Off Selection.
• RF Gain/Squelch Control.
• Built-in Noise Blanker.
• Built-in TCXO-9 High Stability.
• Transmit coverage of the 60 meter band
• IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) and ATT (Receiver Front End Attenuator).
• Dual VFOs, Split Capability, IF Shift, and R.I.T. ("Clarifier").
• Wide/Narrow FM Selection.
• AM Aircraft Reception.
• Dedicated SSB-based Digital Mode for PSK31 on USB/LSB, AFSK RTTY, etc.
• Built-in CW Electronic Keyer and Semi-Break-In (down to 10 ms delay) Capability.
• Adjustable CW Pitch; CW Paddle Normal/Reverse Connection Selection.
• Built-in VOX.
• Automatic Repeater Shift.
• Built-in CTCSS and DCS.
• ARTS™ (Auto-Range Transponder System).
• Smart Search™ Automatic Memory Loading System.
• Spectrum Scope.
• Front and Rear Panel Antenna Connectors (BNC on Front; M [SO-239] on Back).
• 200 Regular Memories, plus Home Channels and Band-Limit (PMS) Memories.
• Alpha-Numeric Labeling of Memory Channels.
• Automatic Power-Off (APO) and Tx Time-Out Timer (TOT) Features.
• Rear Panel Data, Accessory and Key jacks.
• CAT System Computer Control Capability (4800/9600/38400 bps); Cloning Capability.
Until Jan 31, 2021
• Hand Microphone (MH-31A8J)
• Ni-MH Battery Pack (9.6V, 1900mAh) (SBR-32MH)
• Battery Charger
• Battery Case (holds 8 AA alkaline cells, NOT included)
• Whip antenna for 50/144/430 MHz
• DC Cable
• Shoulder strap
• Ferrite core
• Rubber foot
• Operating Manual