The new FT3DR provides reliable 5W RF power output in compact design and light weight from factor – W2.44” x H3.94”
x D1.28”/ 9.95oz (282g). Battery power-saving settings are available for each frequency band with TX output power level
(5W/ 2.5W/ 1W/ 0.3W) individually selectable. Even in a compact body, the user can enjoy loud and clear C4FM voice
quality from 700mW of audio power. Real Dual Band Operations (V+V, U+U, V+U, U+V) are available with two
independent receivers, and the FT3DR supports simultaneous C4FM digital monitoring for both the A and B bands
The new FT3DR is designed with a high-resolution 320 x 240 dot matrix full color TFT LCD display – which clearly
highlights the frequency of the operational bands. Utilizing the Touch Sensitive Screen function of the display, threeone-
touch-panel keys at the bottom of the display are used for changing the mode, direct frequency entry and various
setting from the function menu display with ease of use in mind. With its highly visible full color display, the new High-
Resolution Band Scope function is available as one of the new advanced features which enables users to monitor up to
79 channels centered around the current VFO frequency in real time. Number of channels scanned is selectable from
from19ch/ 39ch/ 79ch.
The features of the C4FM digital communication which are already popular in the market such as Automatic Mode
Select (AMS), Digital Group ID (DG-ID) operation, and Smart Navigation function are available with the new FT3DR.
The new FT3DR supports the WiRES-X Portable Digital Node Function as well. In the same way as some other
current C4FM transceivers, users can easily set up a portable digital node with the new FT3DR and the optional SCU-39
cable kit and enjoy the WiRES-X internet communication.
CAM (Club Channel Activity Monitor) function is one of the new and advanced features of the FT3DR. Up to 10 groups
with 5 channels per group each, of frequency used memory channels can be registered, and whist receiving on the
current channel, the signal strength of this channel and past peaks of the other channels in the group can be displayed
and monitored. With a single touch of a channel bar graph, it becomes the active operating channel and the FT3DR users
may immediately start communicating with other club members on that channel.
A built-in Bluetooth unit is installed in the new FT3DR. Users can enjoy the Hands-Free Operation using the optional
YAESU Bluetooth headset SSM-BT10 or a commercially available product. SSM-BT10 is equipped with the PTT button
and supports the voice activated transmission (VOX) function.
Other remarkable features of the new FT3DR include: Wide-range RX coverage with continuous reception from 0.5MHz –
999.99MHz (A Band)/ 108MHz – 580MHz (B Band): Built-in high-sensitivity 66 channel GPS receiver: 1200/ 9600bps
APRS Data modem: 2,200mAh High-Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack (SBR-14LI) as standard: Voice Recording Function for
the received and transmitting voice and audio data which can be saved as an audio file on the micro SD card:
simultaneous AM/FM broadcast Reception while monitoring two frequency channels: micro SD Card Slot.
- Compact Design and Reliable 5W RF Power Output (Selectable 5W/ 2.5W/ 1W/ 0.3W)
- C4FM Digital V/D Mode, Voice FR Mode, Data FR Mode and Conventional FM Mode
- 700 mW of audio power with C4FM clear and crisp audio quality
- Dual Band Simultaneous Receive (V+V/ U+U/ V+U/ U+V)
- Built-in Bluetooth Unit enables the easy hands-free operation (NEW!)
- Highly visible 320 x 240 dot matrix Full-Color TFT Touch Panel Display
- Band Scope Function enables monitoring up to 79 channels centered around the current VFO frequency with high-speed (NEW!)
- CAM (Club Channel Activity Monitor) function (NEW!)
- System Fusion II compatible such as AMS (Automatic Mode Select), DG-ID (Digital Group ID), and Smart Navigation functions
- WiRES-X Portable Digital Node compatible
- Built-in 66ch High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver
- Snapshot Feature
- Voice Recording function for the received and transmitting voice and audio
- Built-in On/Off Timer, Automatic Power Off (APO) and Time-out Timer (TOT)
- micro SD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
- IPX5 Rating Water Protection