This basemap comes factory installed with Atlantic version of the StreetPilot III, StreetPilot 2610, StreetPilot 2620, GPS V, GPSMAP 196, GPSMAP 276C, GPSMAP 76C, GPSMAP 76CS, Quest, GPSMAP 296 and other aviation models. NB: Only the GPSMAP196 Atlantic and GPSMAP 296 Atlantic are available from GPS Central
- GARMIN mapping units come with built-in, permanent basemaps that cannot be altered. These basemaps come in a variety of global designations (e.g. Americas basemap, Atlantic basemap, Pacific basemap)
- For non-aviation use, units with the Americas basemap are supplied by GARMIN only to dealers in the Americas; Atlantic basemap models can only be purchased from dealers within the detailed coverage of that basemap, and likewise for Pacific basemap models.
- The only Atlantic and Pacific basemap models available from GPS Central are the Atlantic and Pacific versions of the GPSMAP 196 and GPSMAP 296.
- Factory-installed basemaps cannot be altered.
The Atlantic Autoroute basemap includes Europe, extreme western Russia, Africa, and the Middle East, and covers an area from N75 to S60 Latitude, W30 to E60 Longitude. Also included is a high-level worldwide map with political boundaries and major cities.
The standard map coverage includes:
- Oceans, rivers, and lakes (greater than 30 sq. miles)
- Principal cities and a small amount of smaller cities and towns
- Major motorways and/or interstates and principal highways
- Political boundaries (state and international borders)
- Large and Medium Airports
- Urban areas greater than 200K
A. Iceland, Great Britain, Baltic States, Denmark, Germany, Benelux, France,
Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Southern Africa (up to S20 Latitude) – In addition to the standard map coverage, these areas also include:
- Small lakes, major streams and rivers
- Urban areas
- Regional arterial roadways
- Exits for major motorways and/or interstates (Europe Only)
- Small cities and towns