Standard Horizon HX870 Marine Transceiver
Floating 6 Watt Handheld VHF with internal GPS receiver
Building on the success of the HX851, Standard Horizon introduces a whole new level in safety and performance in a marine floating handheld VHF/GPS. The HX870S FLOATING CLASS D DSC VHF handheld features a 66-channel WAAS GPS receiver allowing the radio to transmit a DSC distress call with your vessels position or navigate to a waypoint.
The new Oversized full dot matrix LCD (1.7” (W) x 1.7” (H) or 2.3” diagonal) and Easy to Operate Icon/Menu System makes this the most intuitive handheld on the market: DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint and route navigation, navigation to DSC distress call can all be performed with just a few simple steps making the HX870 perfect for everyday use or adding to your ditch bag.
The radio is designed to be a work horse, starting with the die-cast chassis and the IPX8 submersible waterproof rating of 4.92 feet for 30 minutes, to the 6 Watts of transmit power and the long lasting 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The HX870 is also capable of entering and saving up to 200 waypoints and 20 routes, which may be selected for navigating to via the radios unique compass page which shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint. The compass page can also display the position of up to 9 vessels in proximity to you via the new GM (Group Monitoring) feature.
Advanced features include: Full dot matrix display with channel names, Position request and Position report, 10 channel preset key selection, USB Data Port, GPS Position Logger, water activated SOS strobe light (the radio will turn on and flash SOS even if dropped in the water while the radio is turned off), NOAA Weather with Weather Alert, programmable Memory and Priority Scan, Dual and Tri Watch scan functions. The HX870 is supplied with a high capacity1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery, 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers, and an Alkaline Battery Tray (AAAx5). The HX870 is backed by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty.
Easy to Operate Icon/Menu System
Forget about trying to memorize the owners manual. A brand new Easy to Operate Menu system makes this the most intuitive handheld on the market. DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint and route navigation, navigation to DSC distress call can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
GM (Group Monitor) using DSC Group Position Call
This new ADVANCED feature allows you to continuously track and display position information of up to 9 pre-selected vessels. Their position information is displayed on the compass page relative to your location on the display.
Water Activated Emergency Strobe Light
If the radio falls in the water an emergency strobe light is automatically activated, even when the unit is turned off!!! The strobe can be reconfigured to flash on and off, flash SOS, or set to stay on continuously.
Integrated 66 Channnel WAAS GPS receiver
A highly sensitive 66 channel WAAS GPS receiver allows the HX870 to lock on to a position quickly and accurately. With position information displayed clearly on the display the user will be able to share position information using DSC and navigate to waypoints using the waypoint navigation feature of the radio.
Oversized full dot matrix display
The HX870 boasts one of the largest displays in a hand held VHF radio. Measuring 1.7" wide by 1.7" tall, or 2.3" diagonal. With a larger display, greater (dot matrix) resolution, and a super bright backlight there will be no mistaking the information displayed on the face of the radio day or night.
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
- Separate Receiver for CH70 (Receiving DSC Calls)
- Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver
- Oversized full dot matrix display (1.7” (W) x 1.7” (H) or 2.3” diagonal)
- Easy to Operate Icon/Menu System
- Navigate to a DSC Distress Call with Compass Page
- GM (Group Monitor) using DSC Group Position Call
- DSC Test Call and Auto DSC Channel Change Selection
- Automatically poll the GPS position of a ship using DSC
- Enter, Save, and Navigate to a waypoint with Compass Page
- MOB (Man Over Board) Function
- Water Activated Emergency Strobe Light
- 1W, 2W or 6W Transmit Power options
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible IPX8 waterproof rating (1.5M or 4.92 feet for 30 minutes)
- Noise-canceling Function for both transmit and receive audio
- All USA/International and Canadian Marine Channels
- USB Data Port – NMEA Output DSC, DSE, GLL, RMC, GSA, GSV and GGA (9600 baud)
- NOAA Weather Channel with Weather Alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual and Tri Watch
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Supplied with a 1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery, 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargersAlkaline Battery Tray